Insane

Luna gripped her mobile phone with shaking hands before flinging it towards the wall in fury. It hit the wall with a loud thud before falling on the floor into pieces. Her skin was flushed and her heart was going berserk as she huffed and clenched her jaw tightly while gazing at the broken pieces scattered on the floor angrily. She had this urge to throw anything she can grab on to but she stopped, she needs to calm herself down. She sat at the edge of her bed defeated, burying her face on her hands. Her rage started to build up when someone anonymous began sending her photos of Joy and Sungjae being so close and intimate and what she saw with her own eyes at the beach triggered her sudden outburst of violence in her room. The sharp and unpleasant sensation started to grow in her chest – the ache of longing for someone who can't be yours, the pain of being rejected and the feeling of emptiness... It hurts.

Sungjae. 

 He was her childhood friend, her puppy love – her first love. They pretty much grew up together, residing in the same neighborhood and going at the same school. She believed that their friendship would have developed into something romantic if only she and her family did not migrate to Europe because of their family business. When she came back, he already found someone special...  She was too late.

She breathed heavily as she started thinking of a plan. It seemed like the report she received from the private investigator was true, both of them forgot what happened years ago.

Her life without Sungjae was not worth living, it was no fun at all. She wants him. Desperately. She can't live without him. She promised herself that she will do anything to get him. ANYTHING. She did it before and got away with it, she's not afraid to do it again. She smirked as she started to pace back and forth in her room.

He's MINE and I'll do whatever it takes to be with him this time.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

"Sis, why don't you ask Sungjae to sleep in your bed? He looks uncomfortable in the couch." Yeri whispered to Joy who was busily editing photos. They were all gathered around a large table which they turned into their work station in one corner of the room.

Joy looked up from her laptop and found him asleep on the couch with his head falling forward. "Ah. Really, this guy... He'll end up having stiff neck sleeping like that." She muttered as she sat next to him. She gently shook him awake, "You should go to your room and sleep there." His eyelashes fluttered as he focused his sleepy gaze at her. He was not fully awake yet and was currently zoning out. She then tried pulling him up from the couch but he wouldn't budge, instead he pulled her to his lap and buried his face on her back while hugging her. "Ya! Yook Sungjae!" she whispered, careful not to get the attention of the other girls who were still preoccupied with their laptops and cameras as she struggled to escape from his strong arms hugging her. He loosed his grip on her and allowed her to sit beside him while his other hand wrapped around her waist.

"Give me five more minutes," he mumbled as he rested his head on her shoulder.

"Oh alright," she conceded, still feeling guilty about his accident before the photoshoot. "How's your back?"

"Hmmm?"

"Does it still hurt?" They both lazed comfortably on the soft couch, their hands intertwined and their faces touching as he snuggled closer to her, his warm breath fanning against her neck.

"A little, but it's tolerable. So, it's fine." He squeezed her hand in reassurance at the same time that he grazed his lips on her neck leaving an abrupt but sweet kiss that sent shivers down her spine. "Stop blaming yourself, it's not your fault."

She has been intimate and has become really close to him for the past few days, but it seemed like she still can't get enough of him. Everything was happening too fast that it's starting to scare her, but she doesn't really want to stop. She feels safe and comfortable around him. It felt like after all these years, she finally found the missing piece of herself that she lost and the gears of her life started turning again when they met. Waking up a few times with him right next to her always seemed surreal that she always asks herself first if she was dreaming. Before they even met, her subconscious mind has been showing her images of the same man in her dreams for years and that man turned out to be Sungjae. Maybe her mind knew all along that this man made a great impact in her life before she lost her memory. She has no idea how it started but one thing is crystal clear, she's falling for him – hard – because why not? His whole being was lovable and he effortlessly swept her off her feet. In just less than a week, they've become familiar with each other – their scents, their touches, the way their bodies synchronize like they've known each other for ages and the long conversations they shared – how can all these be possible in just a short span of time? She is always in a state of perfect happiness whenever they are together and it's frightening because she doesn't know if what they felt for each other were the same. Was it love? Or was it lust? And the main question is... "What are we?" she asked her thoughts loudly making Sungjae tense up as he turned to her. She doesn't know where she got the courage to ask but it has been bugging her since they arrived in the Island. They've been acting more like a couple than what friends would normally do. She grabbed his face with one hand and squeezed his cheeks, making his plump lips pout, when he froze and seemed to be in deep thought. "You don't have to answer my question," she said with a forced smile. She was nervous and was not ready for his answer because what they have right now is precious to her and she really doesn't want it to end yet... not yet... not ever. She kissed his forehead before she stood up and went back to her seat with the girls to finish up what she was doing earlier.

Sungjae was left on the sofa dumbstruck. What are we? Her question echoed in his mind. He also has the same question but he was too scared to ask because of his fears – fear of being rejected and fear of losing her the second time around. He just recently found her and was trying to catch up with the years they lost due to some certain circumstances. Is she going to break up with him even when they haven't officially started being a couple yet? A knock interrupted his thoughts, "Are you expecting anyone?" he asked the girls who shook their heads as all eyes focused on the door.

"It's Eunwoo. Could you guys open the door?" Sungjae opened the door and found the guy standing and waiting with a backpack, a camera hanging around his neck, a laptop bag on one of his shoulder, a bunch of paper bags on his left hand and on the other hand was a luggage bag.

Sungjae rubbed his back unconsciously as it started to throb with pain at the sight of the guy who was the main reason why he got distracted during the routine with Jackson and the others resulting to an accident.

"Wait, that's my room!" Joy complained, making his head shot towards her direction.

The girls were helping Eunwoo carry some of his bags as they ushered him towards a room that was supposed to be occupied by Joy. He clenched his fist into a ball as he narrowed his eyes at the other man. His muscles tensed up, his heart accelerated and heat flushed across his face as his fury sprang to life. He closed his eyes and started to count to pacify this emotion which was new to him... he was undeniably jealous even though Joy already explained that she and Eunwoo were just friends.

"Hey, are you okay? Is your back hurting?" Joy asked him worriedly as she rubbed his back.

"Goodness! Sungjae are you okay? Your face is so red!" Wendy exclaimed as she hurriedly went to his side, "I'm calling Peniel or Jackson," she announced and left the room before he could stop her.

"I'm fine. Really," he insisted as Joy helped him sit on the couch. He was actually mad and at the same time embarrassed.

"Joy, I think you should both go back to YOUR room. Let's continue tomorrow after their individual photoshoots," Irene suggested.

"But – that's..." Joy muttered. "What do you mean by MY room?"

"I'm sorry Joy, I forgot to tell you that we asked the other guys to carry your stuffs into his room," Wendy who was holding a bottle of pain killers and ice pack chimed in as she pointed at Sungjae.

"My room?" he clarified and sat up straighter making him flinch in pain because of his sudden movement. He was in pain because of his back, but he was also on cloud nine at the same time.  Grimacing and hiding a smile all at the same time...it was insane.