💗Scarecrow!Joker x Child!FemReader

Requested by- Siniora-Chan

A/n- (C/n means Costume name)

Also I couldn't find a picture of scarecrow joker ;-;

                              *+.           .+*

   "Be Careful Y/n! Make sure you're back by 12:00!" Your mom yelled while waving goodbye at you by the front porch. You happily waved back while running down the sidewalk to the other houses down the street.

   It was Halloween! Your favorite time of the year. Where spooky stories are shared, sweet treats are given out, and scream and shrieks being heard around the neighborhood. You were dressed up as a C/n for this year and you had even gotten permission from your parents to go out by yourself!

  Cheerfully skipping down the sidewalk, passing other kids dressed up in scary and silly costumes, you got to your first door. You were going to knock when you noticed a bucket of candy near the door with a sign that said "Take only 5 pieces."

  Narrowing your eyebrows at the sign a mischievous grin crept onto your face. You looked behide you before you grabbed the whole bucket and quickly poured the sweets into your bag, the sound of wrappers crackling on each other.

   You placed the bucket back and ran back onto the sidewalk, hoping that no one saw you.

   You quietly hummed to yourself when you noticed a group of kids sitting in the front yard of a house.

   "Did you hear about the old scary manor in the forest?" A raven haired boy said.

   "Yes! I've heard that people who went there never returned! Apparently it's some sort of hunting game." A brunette girl replied.

   "Creepy!" Two other kids said while giggling.

You raised an eyebrow at the conversation

   "An old manor...hunting game?" You thought. They didn't add up and it was very suspicious but that didn't stop your curiosity from getting the best of you.

   "Hey! Do you know where the manor is?" You asked, jumping right into their conversation.

   "I-Oh um I've heard it's right in the middle of the forest...Why do you wanna know?" She questioned the small girl.

   "That's for me to know and for you to not! Thank you!" You replied with a toothy grin.  You ran down the the side walk accidentally bumping into a few kids on the way.

...

   Your legs felt sore and you were trying to catch your breath. You've finally made it to the forest where the kids said the manor was hidden in.

   The forest had a pathway that led to who knows where, overgrown tree branches blocked the path and crows could be seen flying above in the cool atmosphere.

    A cold breeze passed by making you shiver. This cheap fabric wasn't gonna keep you warm or protect you for all you knew, you'd probably catch a cold or get hurt at worst.

    Shrugging it off you walked down the rugged pebbled path, moving and dodging the branches that blocked your path. That's when the path suddenly took a right.

"I'm supposed to go straight...I think" you mumbled. Lost in your thoughts you heard a fallen branch snap. Than another one and another one. You froze at the noise and slowly turn around to reveal many bright golden irises hiding inside bushes starring at you. It almost seemed as if they were glowing in the dark.

The bushes soon started to ruffle as wolfs walked out baring their teeth with drool leaking out their mouth, low growls covering your small scared cries.

You slowly backed up while clutching your  bag. That's when a wolf dashed towards you. You quickly ran on the opposite side of the wolf. The pack soon darted in your direction.

Running as fast as you could you soon started to lose your breath. You were still tired after traveling at least a mile or two to get to the forest. It was really dark and the only light was coming from the full moon above you. Your sore legs gave up when you tripped on a log, landing with a hard thump. Your hands collided in the moist dirt and your bag had fallen, spilling all your candy.

The wolves were right behide you and one lunged at you but that's when something jabbed the canine at the side. A loud cry could be heard and the other wolves whimpered with their tails hanging low. The person who saved you was a big tall man dressed as a scarecrow. You weren't sure what he was holding that hit the wolf but you were grateful.

The pack backed up slowly before running away back into the deep dense forest.

The scarecrow looked down to look at you and was met with e/c eyes looking at him in admiration. They looked like they even sparkled.

"Are you okay?" The scarecrow asked. His voice was deep and hoarse but still somewhat comforting. "I-I" you stuttered, tears had streamed down your cheeks and you felt a stinging pain on your knees. You were so sore and tired, and your hands were all muddy.

The man kneeled down and wiped your salty tears and than looked at your small injury. "I don't have anything to patch you up with" he said with a small tone of sadness. He felt guilty he couldn't have saved you earlier, there were too many damn trees and it was too dark for him to see what was even in front of him.

He felt a little hand gently tap him on his shoulder which he slightly flinched at. "Sir, why did you help me? You could've gotten h-hurt or even ...." You manage to say. In all honesty that question made him smile, maybe just a little bit. "You remind me of someone who I used to know" he replied. "How so sir?" You questioned. "You didn't give up. Even when you were surrounded by wolves you ran, I gotta give it to you kid you have some guts." He chuckled. "So they went to a forest and got chased by wolfs as well?" You questioned. You were so dumb and naive, almost in a adorable way. *sigh* "Never mind." he said while standing back up. "Let's go find the way out." He looked at you and motioned you to get on his back since you looked worn out.

It was quiet, the only noise that could be heard were the soft chirping from crickets and the crunch from the leaves that the scarecrow stepped on. It was so peaceful and calm, you felt like you could even sleep-

"Why did you go to the forest?" He said suddenly, making you perk up. Why would a child ever go to the forest? Especially alone. "I heard there was an old manor in the middle of the forest and I wanted to see it for myself! I heard there's a hunting game that goes on in there!" You said cheerfully while talking about the dark subject. "Well I recommend you not going there again" He said with a serious tone that made you freeze. You obediently agreed to never come or go to the manor again, even if your curiosity said otherwise.

...

You two had finally made it back to the neighborhood and you pointed at what house was yours. Your mom was waiting outside on the porch, anxious if you would arrive safely. He stopped in front of your house and you carefully got off his back. Not by his surprise your mom was shocked. Why was her child being carried by a stranger?! Where is her candy bag and oh my goodness why are her knees scraped and bruised?!

Her momma instincts kicked in and showered the scarecrow in questions to which he lied to if he didn't want her to find out about how you almost got devoured by wolfs or how you made a 1 or 2 mile trip to a forest just to see an old manor.

She breathed in relief. At least her little one was okay. She thanked the scarecrow and he turned around to walk away when you called him.

"SIR!" You yelled while running up to him. He turned around to be embraced by your arms, which he hugged back. You pulled away and told him to open his hand out. He obliged and you put a small wrapped candy in the middle of his palm. "Thank you for everything you've done for me sir!" You said with a big smile. You ran back to your mom and waved back at him. He waved back and started to walk down the sidewalk, unwrapping the small candy and plopping it in his mouth.

He smiled as he knew you were now safe and now he could go back to the manor where his life resided.