Chapter 2: Those Who Are Lost

Howdy y'all. It's VOID. >:D I'm so happy I get to introduce myself like that now.

(For those of you who don't know, I just recently changed my name from Vickironica to VoidRealmer. Don't worry y'all, it's still meeeeee.)

Also, I'm falling asleep where I lay and I also have classes tomorrow morning and homework to finish before then, so, like, here's a new chapter. Tom is so stupid, but Harry is almost just as bad. At the beginning of the chapter, I was like "ah yes, a very specific stopping point" except it took me FOREVER to get there.

So that's why this is a 14,600 word chapter. Nowhere near Dragon's, but listen, Dragon has to be some sort of forgotten diety at this point. I don't understand how they can write so much in such a short amount of time. It's killing me.

Anyways, the chapter. Enjoy!!!

EDIT: Link to my discord server!!!!
https://discord.gg/GGwQfme

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Summary: In which Tom's wisdom is only matched by Harry's obliviousness.

Harry stretched, groaning while he did so. Perhaps staying in the same position for hours on end wasn't the best thing to do, even if the cushion was soft and comfy. He'd gotten quite a bit of studying done, though not as much as he would've liked, thoughts still half on his slave, who was no doubt holed up in the library. To be completely honest, it was a miracle he was able to study at all.

For a moment, Harry vaguely wondered if Tom was actually following his order, or if he was using the time to read something of his own choosing. He wouldn't be surprised if it were the latter, though then he'd have to do the research himself since Tom obviously wasn't going to.

He made his way to the kitchen, intending to prepare a dinner for the both of them. It's been hours since the sandwiches earlier, and Harry's stomach was slowly trying to dissolve itself in a fit of rebellion for not having eaten. Harry, in return, wanted to remind his stomach that they'd gone much longer without food before, but as his stomach was part of his body, and one that wouldn't understand exasperated thoughts at that, he refrained.

He whipped out ingredients and pans, deciding on, well.. pot pie sounded nice, actually. Using a healthy mix of both magical and muggle contraptions—which took quite a while to set up to his liking, Harry remembered with a smile—to make cooking easier, Harry's dinner was soon in the oven (and it looked delicious, if he could say so himself), which should be done within the next few minutes. The perfect time to go find Tom, he supposed. And, if he did happen to be more than a few minutes, the oven was charmed to automatically switch to a stasis charm, leaving the food fresh and unburnt, even if Harry didn't get to it on time. Merlin, Harry loved magic.

Harry found himself standing outside the library doorway a minute later, staring in.. well, shock , he supposed, at what he was seeing.

Tom had apparently been very busy during his research, what with a good fifteen books piled in different places on a table, while the slave in question was laying on the floor with yet another book in his hands. He hadn't noticed Harry yet, and was flipping page after page at a regular pace, eyes quickly scanning over the pages as he nonchalantly kicked his leg back and forth and chewed on his lip. (Harry most definitely did not let his gaze wander to Tom's lips, which looked soft and a bit red from the biting and very kissable-)

.. Tom did know that there were multiple comfy chairs in the library, right..? Why in the world would he choose to sit on the floor, Harry wondered, and then questioned if that was perhaps another part of slavery, which.. Made sense, as Harry thought about it more. But.. Harry wouldn't have cared if Tom were in a chair rather than the floor, and yet..