Chapter 43: Letters

Meredith walked into the house about an hour after Daniel came by. I wasn't in the mood for anything.

"We should go to the curtis." Mer said as she opened the door. I was zoned out.

"Elena?" She asked.

"Hm?" I hummed.

I slowly turned my head to her. She stared at me.

"Are you okay?" She asked. I simply stared at her and nodded my head.

"Yeah I'm fine. What were you saying?" I asked.

She looked at me.

"I said we should go to the Curtis'. Everyone misses you." Meredith said.

"Okay, let's go." I said standing up and walking to the door. I got in the drivers seat and turned in the car. Driving to the Curtis house.

When we got there, we knocked on the door.

"You guys, you know y'all don't need to knock on the door." Ponyboy said as he saw us. He pulled Mer and I each in for a hug.

"How've y'all been?" Darry asked.

"We've been alright." I said. Meredith nodded. I took a seat on the couch while Meredith went and talked to Darry.

I felt the couch sink next to me. I turned to look and I saw Dallas.

"Hey how you doing?" I asked.

"I'm alright man. What about you?" He asked.

"I'm holding up." I smiled. I stared out the window. Watching as the night began falling.

"Elena!" Meredith yelled.

"What?" I asked.

"I'm talking to you. What's the matter you're so distracted." She said. There was silence.

"Nothing. I swear I'm fine." I said. I stood up and walked into the kitchen. The gang began talking and Meredith followed me.

"What's up huh?" Meredith whispered.

I took a deep sigh.

"Daniel came by the house today." I said. She stared at me surprised.

"And what happened?" She asked.

"He came to tell me that Margo died? Meredith. He mocked me and told me Steve could be dead! And if that's not enough, he kissed me!" I whisper yelled. Her eyes went wide.

"Who kissed you?" Dallas yelled behind me.

I slightly jumped. Turning around.

"A guy Mer and I used to be friends with." I sighed.

Meredith looked at me. "And what did you do?!" She asked.

"I pushed him off and slapped him. I told him to get out. I practically had to kick him out." I said. They both looked at me. Meredith sighed and looked away.

"Steve's not dead." She said.

"Mer how can you be so sure?" I asked. As we headed out of the kitchen.

"Because Elena, he wrote you a letter." Meredith said handing me a sealed envelope.

"You can go up to the boys room to read it in peace." Darry said. I smiled and hugged him.

"Thank you." I said as I rushed up.

"Dear love of my life.

I'm dreaming of you when I'm alone, baby don't cry soon I'll be coming home,, kick it with me I don't care if the sun is gone, baby don't cry when I'm gone promise you're everything I want. This is for you baby listen.

Hey darling, I only think about you. When I wake up in the morning until I go back to sleep. How I wish I were with you, I think of you all the time. I always feel like I'm flying baby you make me feel fine. Lost in the words that you say to me. And spending time together is the ultimate dream. I'm on top of the world baby girl can't you see? I found my perfect girl I wanna make you my queen. Time and time again I can be feeling real sad. Cause my dream isn't a reality yet. But time will say. Time will tell us if we go spend our lives together while the world around us spins. I promise I don't want nobody else to be around me but you.

I flipped the page, with tears in my eyes.

"And nobody's touch and nobody's lips can make me feel like yours do. Our hands in a lock and our lips get to know eachother. Our nights are short but beautiful we'll be okay. Without you my days are longer and my nights are bitter. I drown in a river of my own tears. Can't look forward to my future if it ain't including you. Promise that I'm gonna love you and I hope you feel the same. I swear I don't want nothing but to lay in bed with you. And I hope you know I miss you. From my head I can't dismiss you. What i feel is surreal I can't lie to you for real.

You know that I love you. And if you're down to spend your life with me just let me know. You know you're my dream. You came into my life and now I feel alright..."

I flipped to the last page.

"God Elena. These past weeks have been hard. Knowing I can't see you, touch you, feel the warmth of your body in the earliness of the morning. All I want to do is to hold you. Kiss you. I hope you forgive me for not telling you I was leaving sooner than I said. I just couldn't bring myself to tell you. I couldn't see you cry over me. These past few months elena, you've made my life so amazing. So wonderful. You've taught me so much about love. And I am doing everything in my power to come back to you. For now it'll be a couple weeks. Maybe months. But Elena. Keep living for us. Do well in college. I'm so proud of you my princess. I love you, so much. There's not a day where my heart won't beat for you.

Every day, I think about you. In the morning and at night. You're what keeps me moving. I love you princess. And I hope you love me too...

~ Steve Randle.

P.S: I'll come back to you Princess I promise"

I sighed and closed the letters. Closing my eyes and taking a deep breath in.

He loves me. He still loves me.

I opened my eyes with a feeling of relief, and headed downstairs. I wanted to go home and write a letter back to Steve.