Chapter 14

After I met that first slime I encountered many other slimes on the way to Ratto. There seems to be a lot of slimes in the vicinity of the village road towards Ratto. I didn't hear about that when I was collecting information, but I don't think there'd be that much information on slimes circulating anyway. Even so, I'm tired of running away. I think it's about time I get to the next village.

---------

This is bad, I have run out of water. I need to refill it somewhere, but I still don't know where the village is. It is necessary to refill, if only I had considered it before coming this far. If I listen carefully, I can hear the sound of water. It seems a little far away but it can't be helped. I need to go into the forest toward where the sound of water can be heard.

"Wah~..... amazing"

There was a large lake in the place where I heard the sound of water. The surface of the lake is covered in flowers that I've never seen before. I don't know their name, but they have large leaves on the water, and a large white or pink flower. For a moment, I was fascinated by the flowers. When I realized, I quickly look at my surroundings to check if there was anything unusual. It is not good to let your guard down in a forest.

I ended up finding a river that flows into the lake and hurriedly refilled my bamboo tubes with water. I would like to secure a little more bamboo tubes, but most people don't use them. And the one that have been thrown away are almost always broken. If I find bamboo somewhere, I'll make some myself.

To return to the village road, I search for a mark. The mark is a thin green string that I placed in the forest.. I return to the village road while collecting the strings.

"...What is this"

There is a mysterious creature a little bit ahead before where the village road is. At first glance, I thought it was a slime, but it's different. The body is somewhat like a slime that has been stretched to the side. The color is a translucent blue color, that thing is probably a monster. I think it's a little charming.

".....Cute"

...I think it's cute for a monster. With this, I can't ridicule the previous me. But somehow, this squashed looking slime was cute. The squashed slime is looking this way.

...crumbling slime? crumbling...I remember seeing it in the slime section of the list of monsters.

"I remember..... crumbling slime?"

There was an unnamed rare slime in the book. It's thought of as the weakest slime, aka the "crumbling slime" because of its appearance. A rare monster is usually said to be strong, but crumbling slime is among the weakest rare monsters.

"If I'm not wrong, even a strong wind could make it disappear right?"

It's the weakest just like me, but I don't want to call it the weakest, so I'll just call it a crumbling slime! I feel a little affinity to it. As I watched, the wind blew as much as to shake my hair. The crumble slime in front of me rolled around in the wind.

"......It really is weak"

545 words