When I'm with you

This is the last part of the story but stick around for a short epilogue ;)

Kuroo's pov:

Nearly two weeks later, Tsukki was moved out of my house and into a duplex about fifteen minutes away. It was a much better neighborhood than his previous one, the rent was also nearly the same, and it was a good size too. We'd gone to see it together the day after confessing to each other, and it made for a good time. I loved being able to hold his hand, just like I'd wanted to for so long, and I even got some small stolen kisses that tinged his cheeks into the gorgeous shade of pink I loved so much. It wasn't much different than before, we still bantered and made fun of one another, but we were just a little closer; it was something we shared emotionally, a feeling we both knew was there, meant for only the two of us.
He seemed pretty indifferent about the new place, but that was no longer a surprise to me. Instead, I caught the way his eyes lingered on the barren walls and open floor concept, remembering how he mentioned he wanted to be an interior designer if he didn't work his current job, I knew his mind was being flooded with ideas and visuals of the furnished place. There were some rough spots here and there that promised memories of renovating I hoped we could share. But all things put together, it would be a nice home, which is why he didn't hesitate to sign the contract. One week and several microwaveable ramen pouches at midnight later, his old appartement was all packed up and I said goodbye to working with him, as my arm was healed enough to go back to my job. Then, only one week after that he was mostly settled into the new house and back at work. 

Speaking of which, I was on my way there to pick him up for our first official date.
Though we'd gotten through the initial awkwardness of the start in a relationship, I still felt nervous enough to vomit. Something was going to go wrong, I could feel it! I just hoped that that something didn't make the whole date unsalvageable. Parking my car, I stepped out and adjusted my jacket, taking long, deep breaths. It's just Kei, I told myself, just Kei and dinner!

I rang the doorbell with my heart in my throat, waiting for him to answer.

I waited,

And waited.

What if he changed his mind and doesn't want to go on a date anymore?

I tried to shove the anxious thought down but it kept resurfacing, chipping away at my confidence. I knew it was nonsense, because I knew Tsukki liked me, but that didn't stop the hints of doubt in my mind from screaming.

The door swung open and I found a slightly disheveled looking Tsukishima Kei staring right back at me.

"Hi." He squeaked, jumping slightly, which made his damp hair shake off some of the bigger droplets.

"... hey? Everything okay?" I couldn't help the small giggle that bubbled out of me at the look of sheer terror and shock he wore on his face. That made him scowl at me with a frown.

"Come in and just give me two minutes." He rolled his eyes, grabbing my jacket by it's collar to pull me inside, which I took as an opportunity to steal a quick kiss from him that left his face redder than before.

"So what happened?" I tried to ignore the cute look of embarrassment he now bore.

".. the shower head doesn't work, and I found out the hard way." He mumbled bitterly, making me laugh.

"Let me see it!"

"Since when are you a plumber?"

"Do you want me to fix it or not?!" He scoffed and led me to the bathroom, before quickly disappearing back into the bedroom, probably to change. I checked out the pipe, seeing as it was turned off, I pulled the lever beneath it to see what would happen.