The Pirate King

-No-ones POV

Luffy was standing-no, towering over a bleeding, beaten, unconscious man. Luffy took one last satisfying look at the man he just put on the verge of death. This man was missing a few teeth, even more now as he just finished getting an ass beating from the new pirate king. The overweight, pot-bellied man had puffy black hair that went down his back in all directions. He wore an open, long-sleeved red vest and a black and yellow pirate cloak on top of it. He fashioned a yellow cloth around his waist that held three guns in place, along with a bottle of alcohol. This man had a long, braided beard that almost reached the guns at his waist. Despite being unconscious, Marshal D. Teach wore a smile on his face. Luffy hated that smile. That smile delivered so much pain to so many lives, one of those lives being Luffy's. Blackbeard was the catalyst for his brother's execution almost three years ago. Ever since the day his brother's lifeless body dropped to the floor, he made an unspoken oath to not quit until he accomplished his dream. Now here he was, standing over the final obstacle that stopped him from accomplishing his dream. 

Despite the dark, depressing aura Teach emitted, Luffy couldn't wipe the grin that he was fashioning off of his own face. Luffy felt his legs becoming weak. He collapsed onto his back not too far away from Blackbeard. Luffy looked up at the sky. The sun was setting as the stars started to emerge from the invisible cloak that masked them in the day. Luffy thought back on everything that had happened that day. He thought about how he found the worlds greatest treasure, the One Piece. While thinking about that, he couldn't help but let out a laugh. Out of all the things in the world, Luffy would of never imagined it would be that. He also thought about the Void Century. He never cared much for history, but at least now he had a general understanding of where his middle initial came from and what it meant, even if it didn't make complete sense to him. Robin always took the most complex route to explain things. 

Hearing the name Robin in his head set off alarms. 'My crew'. He jolted up in fear, only to fall onto his back once more. He was exhausted. The fight against the emperor wasn't easy, but Luffy didn't realize it took this much out of him. When he and his crew arrived at Laughtale, everything happened so fast. One second they were staring at the One Piece in confusion, shock, and awe. The next second they were thrown into an all out war against the one who challenged his new found title. There was no time to celebrate, discuss, or even comprehend everything that was going on. They all started their own battles against the various crew members of Teach. Laughtale was a surprisingly large island. As the fights began, the crew was separated into different parts of the island. By the end of Luffy's fight, he found himself in the middle of the island, which also happened to be where the One Piece was located. All he could do now was pray his crew members would turn up eventually.