Mare

I knew it was coming. I could feel it in the air, something was wrong. My ears are ringing form the explosion and I must of hit my head because there is blood dripping down into my eye. I think back to only moments before. Cal was holding me, we were for once peaceful. Cal! I sit up and search for him. He's lays amongst what was once the ceiling. His limp but he is breathing so it will be ok. I hear another explosion not far and I stand and run outside.

Reds and silver soldiers are running through the mix. The scarlet guard was not prepared and the silver soldiers see that and are using it against us.  Part of our fort is in pieces with many  other spots littered with holes. It will take years to fix this. Suddenly I am kicked in the back of the knee causing me to fall to the ground. I roll over to see a silver I don't recognize ready to stab me (again). I shoot lighting straight at his chest and he falls with a blood curdling scream. I stand better preparing my self. 

I need to find the one in charge before it becomes a full on blood bath. I am running through people fight and people lying on the ground. There are more soldiers than I remember. Two guards stand in my way making me stop. It takes me only a moment to realize that its the same person. I think their called cloners but at the moment it really doesn't matter. I call on my lightning and attack. They are surely using every fighter they got. We exchange a few hits here and there but he is quickly defeated. He may be a silver but he was not strong. 

I continue my search when I am suddenly surrounded by tall flames. I am trapped in a circle of dark flames and I am positive I know who they belong to. 

"Where are you? Oh right I forgot, you're a coward to afraid to fight." I scream into the air.  

"A coward? You know nothing about who I am." I turn around and there he is. The shadow himself, Maven. 

I prepare myself to fight but he merely chuckles and starts to calmly circle me. I don't know what he is playing. Maven is harder to read since the last time I saw him, most likely his mothers doing. 

"How did you find us?" I hissed. Maven chuckles again and i want to punch him in the throat for it. Again he's a coward.

"Well to be quit honest I didn't do much, in fact I have to thank you. Your scarlet guard practically handed me the map and keys."

"What do you mean?" 

"Your plan wasn't very thought through. There was suddenly a larger amount of servants all the sudden. New ones constantly coming. I knew I was finding them nor was anyone else in the castle and also these reds were different than the rest. The appeared fragile and scared but their eyes were hungry and angry, so I took all of them and... persuaded them to tell me what was going on. Stubborn little things." 

I am in shock. Farley's plan seemed perfect . There was no way we sent that many out there, did we. And what does he mean by persuaded? This man is a monster!

"You have us, now what do you want?"

"You can't be that stupid. You are the one we're after. You are their leader and the one who is causing so much trouble. Know you can come willingly or we will persuaded you the hard way. Which would you prefer?"

"I will never... AGH!" I clutch my head and fall to my knees. 

"Wrong choice"

I am no longer in the ring of fire. I am standing back in the battle watching like a ghost. People are dying. These innocent people's blood is in your hands a voice says. Suddenly the scene changes and I am back at the palace. I see Cal crying over his decapitated father, he turns and his eyes are dark. "This is YOUR fault. He would still be here if you didn't go poking around in places you shouldn't. He is dead because of you." no this is what I remember. I look down in shame and when I look up again I'm in the ballroom and its gotten dark. Maven stares at me. "Why did you have to go and break my heart? You were meant to be mine for once and not his. He gets everything and you were the last straw." Maven rushes towards me. I go to protect but before he reaches me I am back home. Gisa sits at the table crying and holding her hand. "This is your fault! Our family will die of hunger because you were selfish!" I've never heard Gisa scream at me like that before. Sure we yelled at each other but this is different. There is rage I've never seen. I try to speak but nothing comes out. You see Mare you are the problem in many peoples narrative. Where ever you go despair falls. How do you live with yourself? Wouldn't it be better to end it? End the trail of pain? I snap out of the fear. I know that voice. This isn't real. this isn't what happened. I push back with everything thing in me, trying to rid myself of the memories. 

I am now back in the ring and I'm crying. I look up and standing next to Maven is the devil herself. Elara stands there with help of a cane and her son. A veil is draped over her face hiding it. 

"I thought I killed you!" I scream back almost willing it into reality that I did. 

"Oh Mare, you may be strong but always remember I am stronger. You left me with permanent scaring and some damaged nerves but its going to take a lot more than that." Elara lifts the veil and there is dark lines sprawled out across most of her face. My lightning pattern has etched itself into her. 

"I am not afraid of you.'"

"You should be. Maven dear, I think she isn't quit convinced." 

Like her little servant he nods and lowers the flames to were I am able to see over them. Every single scarlet guard is captured. Cal, Shade, and Farley are front and center for it. They are help by guards and what looks like vines, a greeny's doing. 

"It would be a pity if they all died, and all because you were too selfish. If you come with us I promise to not harm the scarlet guard. Ever." 

"Why would I believe you?" I spat back at Maven. 

"For one your have no choice and two if all goes accordingly it is not me who will be ending the scarlet guard." Maven says dryly.

"What about you witch of a mother?" Maven places a hand over hers trying to hold her back.

"She promises as well." 

"Bullshit!" 

"Well, if you would rather them die than be my guest." Maven starts to raise his hand.

"Wait!" I scream. He lowers his hand gives me a wicked smirk. 

"Good girl."

A/n Hi everyone! oh my that was a long one! i apologize if it didn't quit get the characters correct in this chapter, its been a while since I read the books but non the less I hope you enjoyed the chapter!