2. NOAH JAMESON

❝ 𝐆𝐎 𝐀𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃, 𝐍𝐎𝐀𝐇! 𝐆𝐎 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐔𝐂𝐊 𝐔𝐏 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐒𝐒, ❞

The sound of the other HYDRA agents' voices rang in my ears as I walked by. It annoyed me to no end, bearing their snickers and murmurs every time I tended to stride through their presence. Having nothing better to do than obey their master, it seemed, to be the next best thing for them. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair, trying my best to ignore their taunting.

Normally, it wouldn't get to me. And it shouldn't. Especially not today. Today was the very day that I had to go visit two very important people, and being called to see the boss was interrupting my very plans. It was something that he has been doing for some time, causing me to rearrange my plans for the day for another time. I don't know what he wants today, as he had me do everything yesterday. And he was everything but predictable. A tyrant and a mass murder, yes, but predictable wasn't on the list.

I glared at all that I had passed, to which they had moved from my way. It hurt, seeing someone fear you because of the power you have. Because of your status. Because of what your past and future holds. For the very reason that they know that they can't defeat your confidence or get under your skin. Because once they do, they know that they would lose, despite all of their years of training. Physically, I couldn't. Beat them in battle, that is. I was never good at it. Never trained. It was just something I was never interested in.

Until now.

On the day that I was experimented on, I wanted nothing more than to go and train my ass off. I wanted to show the world that just because I have powers, doesn't mean that I can defend myself. That I can't throw a decent punch without spraining my wrist while doing so. I wanted nothing more than to show my son the very same thing. To show him that he had to take care of himself when I'm not around. To show him that I care. What's the harm in that?

● ● ● ●

I stuffed my hands into my jacket pocket, keeping my hood up as I watched my breath turn into a small cloud of ice on the wind. I had always wondered about that. About why the air you breathe turns into something else just to disappear afterwards. I wish I could do that. Disappear, I mean. To disappear from the entire world. But I couldn't. Not now. Not when I have my son to take care of. Not when the entire world needed me. My family needed me.

Now, whether or not I'd want to save everyone but them was an entire different subject entirely. The world was cold, turning it's back on its people, and its people turning their back in return, soon turning on each other. We are the truest animals of disaster, causing destruction wherever we tend to go to. We ruin the lives of many just to improve our very own. It was understandable, but it's also very sad. There isn't much us humans could do, but we should at least try to make things better for others if not for ourselves. The constant questioning of whether or not we'll improve for the sake of the world isn't answered, and most aren't trying, but there's enough of the good and enough of the bad to make an assumption.

I frowned when I stood before the door, which was closed. I squinted and reached for the handle, my grip on it tighter than normal. I had a good feeling, but it was soon replaced by one of fear and hatred. I huffed and swung the door open, knowing full well that Red Skull hid behind it.

His office wasn't large, either. It was empty expect for a few shelves of books and pictures on the wall. Of what I didn't care to know. I was only here to see what the hell he had wanted and get on with my day. I'm already late from picking him up from school this afternoon and he knew that.

"Ah, Noah. There you are. I've been-"

"Oh, cut the bullshit and tell me what I'm here for," I snapped, stuffing my hands into my pockets. I didn't regret what I said because I knew that he wouldn't hurt me. I knew that if he tried, he'd be driven to insanity and eventually die. Everyone knew that. They knew my powers once I had came out of their machine. They all knew the damn consequences and disappointments of me coming out. Now that I have powers, they couldn't do nothing but fear me, and that's fine. Let them be scared. You can't get attached to people knowing that they only want to be around you because they're scared of you. He chuckled.

"I want you to do something for me. You know, before you go and visit your son," he said, turning from the floor-to-ceiling window with the city view. I raised an eyebrow before crossing my arms, remaining silent for a long while.

"And what' exactly, do you need me to do?" I replied, scratching my chin. Our eyes had locked with each others', the silence growing a bit tense. "And how do you know about my son?"

"I want you to go and get something for me. The Avengers have something I need, and I want you too retrieve it for me," he answered. He then smile softly. "As for your son, I have my ways of knowing things,"

I sighed then, running a hand through my hair. I wasn't sure if I wanted to do anything before seeing him. I didn't want to do anything that would ruin our relationship, as he already hated that I do the missions in the first place. I hated when he was upset and disappointed, but there really wasn't anything I could do about it. He's the boss, after all

"Sure, sir. What would you have me do this time?"