This Begining

If there was a day where I could reply any scene of my life it would be the scene where I first saw two people dance with each other in a soft embrace as loud and upbeat music had blasted through the instruments that produced the tune. I wish I could have watched them a little longer to remember it clearly. But that was a few years ago. You can't go back in time.

Although I wish I could.

My girlfriend, Eclair Amour, had introduced me to a boy named Hendrix Michael Blu. He had a bright smile on his face when I met him. He had a mess of brunette hair and bright cyan eyes that I would never forget. He was in a way quite beautiful. He also had wide glasses that made his eyes pop even more. He was so sweet and kind that I wondered if he was really depressed inside.

Eclair told me he lived in a mansion in Santartio, Illinois, which was the town I also lived in at the time. There was a lake in that town where two mansions lived across from each other. One of the mansions almost looked like a big house, it was so beautiful and simple and somewhat small for a mansion. The other home, on the other hand, was giant, dark, and terrifying, like something you would see in a horror movie. It was black and weeds had grown over some of the exterior of the home. I knew there was someone there because people don't go to masquerades in a dark house for no reason with music blasting through the tall, wide windows.

No one knew who threw the masquerades or who lived in the house. There were rumors about how the owner was a scary old man, it was a young man who was secretly killing the women who entered the party, or he had attended every masquerade and spoke to no one. Not one person could figure out who this owner was. They were a mystery to everyone.

But one night when I checked my mail after my girlfriend left for the night, I had gotten an invitation to one of these parties. There was no name on it, just a picture of the mansion I lived right next to and a signature I did not recognize. I wanted to call Eclair but she had already left and wouldn't be home for another hour or so. I kept the letter on my kitchen counter so I would not forget the party, which was the next day. I couldn't believe it.

This was my first party.