Chapter 1

"Dallas... look! Oh my god, how beautiful!" I pushed him back on the seat and looked out the car window.

"That disgusting thing?" Dallas scrunched up his face in disgust. I punched him in his arm and rolled my eyes. "Hey, what was that for? It's not my fault you can't handle the truth about not being able to choose something good!"

I sighed and sarcastically stated, "Wait, but I chose you." Summer started laughing out loud. She's my best friend and has been since middle school. She was sitting on the passenger seat next to our wedding planner, Kia Winters a.k.a our designated "driver" by her choice of course. Dallas and I were on the backseat.

"Hey Kia, just stop right here. Let's look at this place... please."  I pleaded. Kia stopped before the mansion.

"Storm, what about the venue we were going to go to?" Kia asked me looking through the rear-view mirror.

"We can look at it later. Let's just give this a go first. What can go wrong, right?" I smiled at her. She nodded and we got out of the car. Kia, Summer, Dallas, and I just stood in front of the mansion, studying it carefully. It read "The May Tavern."

"This is in the middle of nowhere babe. Think about it. Do you really want to have a wedding here? We were going to such a beautiful venue, we can't just stop here." Dallas wasn't really pleased. I didn't know what was bothering him so much. I would agree that the place was intimidating, but it was beautiful in the daylight. The sun was shining bright on the fifth floor, it was just a beautiful sight.

"Dallas..." I looked at him, held his hand, and squeezed it. He smiled at me and put his arm around my back, pulling me closer to him. I felt nice and safe with me. I could never get second thoughts about marrying him. We have gone through a lot for this marriage. From our families' consent to money to the stress with grad school. Now we just want to get married this summer before starting our second year of grad school. Dallas is going to turn 23 in just a few days and it's all just exciting now.

Summer and Kia were already near the gate trying to find someone who could open it from the inside. Dallas gave me a quick forehead kiss and we walked up to the gate. He suggested we climb over it, but I refused. As much as I loved the place, I could never step on someone's private property without their permission. Plus, I am going to be a lawyer anyways, so why prove to myself I'm not worthy of it. Dallas might be doing his MBA, but he knows better than to break rules, at least in front of me. I smiled even though I didn't want to and turned around to walk back towards the car. I could feel their eyes on me, but at that point I could really care less.

"Yes?" I heard a soft, but stern voice. Surprised, I looked over my shoulder.

Hi! I hope you liked reading this chapter. I can't wait to write my 2nd chapter already! Also... credits to @_sweet_lovebird_ for making this incredible cover for my book! Thank you to her and all my readers!