Chapter 2

I smiled brightly, someone WAS on the other side of the gate. I think that was the fastest I ever changed moods. I went from annoyed to happy, not just happy, it was like a different level of unexplained joy. I seriously couldn't believe my luck at that moment. I turned around and speed walked towards the gate.

"Hello, sir!" I smiled my sweetest smile.

He nodded in reply and looked at us for a moment before saying, "Is there a reason for this visit?"

"No, not really, we just came by. Have a good day sir!" Dallas said.

"Shut up!" I eyed him. "We just want to see the place for our, ummmmmmmm....."

"Wedding?" Summer completed the sentence for me.

"Um, ya, sorry, ya, um, my wedding."

"What happened girl?"

"I don't know, my eyes just forced me to look up at the middle
room of the fifth floor . Literally.. forced me!" I pointed up to a floor that looked like it had been isolated for a really long time.

"You're probably just really excited to go inside."

"No, I mean ya I am, but I'm not that, you know, excited. Not that I would just stop randomly during my sentence, without knowing."

"It happens sometimes, because of Annab...I mean it just randomly happens sometimes to people. Happens to me too." The old man smiled at me. I became really suspicious, but just ignored the feeling. Plus, the man wasn't wrong. Dallas tapped me on my shoulder to make sure I was paying attention... which I wasn't. Kia asked him to open the gate, which he did. When we went inside finally, the feeling was just indescribable. It felt so nice and calm despite the look of it.

"I'm surprised you want to have a wedding here. Many people don't come through this road anymore so we don't really get anyone here. The last time we probably had a wedding here was, I believe, if I'm not wrong, 12 years ago."

"And you still work here?" Dallas asked annoyed. I gave him my "what the hell" look. Dallas couldn't get more sassy and I couldn't get more pissed at him.

The man didn't seem to care about Dallas's question and just ignored it completely. "Anyways, just tell me your names kids."

"Kia Winters"

"Summer Jonas, and no I'm not related to the Jonas Brothers."

"What? Who's that? The man asked.

"Uh, never mind. Just give your name." Summer pointed towards me.

"Storm Mackenzie"

"Dallas Ro—."

The man dropped his pencil and fear overcame his eyes," Dallas?" He stopped in his tracks for a moment and then started shouting. "Get out!" He started backing up. "Get out you... you... you... monster!" He shouted over and over again. Dallas looked at me trying to figure out what's happening.

"Dad, what happened?" I looked from Dallas to the entrance of the Tavern. A woman in a flowy, floral white dress came running towards the old man. She finally noticed us and waited for us to say something. When we didn't, she continued towards her dad, more calmly this time. She seated him down on the chair behind the desk and handed him the glass of water which was sitting right across from him on his table. She told him to calm down and walked just about three steps towards us, before she stopped in front of me and looked me right in my eyes.