Chapter 17: Wish Upon A Star

Chapter 17

"So did you have fun at home?" Chris asked the next day as I jumped up to sit on the counter.

I shrugged. "Not particularly." I admitted, leaning back on my hands.

"It was boring here without you." Chris smiled, resting his hands on either side of me as he stood in front of me.

I laughed, wrapping my legs around his waist.

"Yea I kept thinking I should be making smoothies with you." I laughed. "Mark actually made me make him a smoothie but it didn't turn out good at all." I shook my head with a grimace.

"Did you at least make him pay you?" Chris raised his eyebrows.

"He wouldn't pay me." I shrugged, sliding my fingers into Chris's hair.

Chris smirked, pressing his lips against mine as his hands pulled my waist closer to his.

If the rest of the summer went on like this, I'd be happy.

No labels, no necessary feelings, no pressure, just a loose ended relationship with lots of kissing, flirting, and smoothie making. That's what I wanted.

"Wait, wait." Chris said, pulling back from me slightly.

Oh no. Don't say it.

"Look, Marley, I really like you, but I'm leaving for school in 5 days so nothing can come out of this..." Chris said quietly, his eyes meeting mine.

"So nothing has to come from it." I shrugged. "Summer things are summer things for a reason. They're in the summer and then the two people part ways and it's fine. And hey, if I'm ever in New York I'll hit you up." I giggled.

Chris's face broke into a smile.

"So you're fine with this not meaning anything?" Chris raised his eyebrows.

"I wasn't expecting it to mean anything." I admitted with a laugh, playing with his hair. "Now kiss me before we have a customer." I giggled, leaning forwards again.

"Oh shit it's my mom." Chris gasped, quickly pulling me off of the counter. He replaced the baseball cap on his head, leaning against the counter as a middle aged, beautiful woman walked up.

"Mom." Chris nodded shortly.

"Hello Christopher." She smiled, glancing at me momentarily. "I'll have my usual please."

"5.50." Chris said softly to me.

"Uh that will be 5.50." I smiled at the woman, opening up the cash register. She handed me a ten dollar bill with manicured hands.

"4.50 is your change." I told her, giving her four ones and two quarters.

"Thank you darling." The woman smiled, her eyes lingering on me.

I awkwardly smiled, shutting the cash register.
Chris handed her the smoothie and she took it with a smile.

"Nice to see you." Chris's mom said happily before walking away.

I glanced at Chris.

"She's from California. She comes down here for a week every summer." Chris shrugged. "She's not the most motherly person."

"I know the feeling." I laughed, jumping back up on the counter. "So where were we?" I giggled.

Chris smirked, pulling my hips towards him as our lips connected.

~*~*~

"I'm going to work out, care to join?" Mark asked, walking into my room without knocking.