No. 19 BROKEN HEARTS

Full Prompt:
No. 19 BROKEN HEARTS
Grief | Mourning Loved Ones | Survivors Guilt

Prompt(s) chosen: Grief, Mourning Loved Ones, Survivors Guilt

AU: Human AU as adults

TW: Car crash, major character death (times 2), injuries, slight hospital setting,  mourning (obviously), anything in the prompts, and sadness. Beautiful ending though (in my opinion)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Roman was sitting in the backseat of the car while his boyfriends Vee and Pat, Virgil and Patton, sat in the front seats chatting. They had a long day at the amusement park so Patton had offered to drive so Roman could get some sleep. Roman was indeed slowly nodding off in the back. The sound of his boyfriends chatting in the front and the calm happy vibe music Patton had put on was like a lullaby. 

It had certainly been a good day. They spent the whole day eating junk foods like cotton candy and candy apples while riding roller coaster. Well, Virgil didn't like the heights and was always thinking that everything could go wrong. So, therefore, he didn't go on them. Though Patton and Roman loved the roller coasters anyways. 

So instead in order to spend time with Virgil they did devote a whole couple of hours to them playing the rigged carnival games in order to get Virgil a few new stuffies. For example, they now had a giant purple bear, a weird panda duck thing like from Gravity falls, and a small doggo plush. Everyone had their own new stuffed animal. There's no shame in having stuffed animals. 

They also went around on the Ferris Wheel more times then they should have. Though Patton, being a photographer, got some amazing pictures when they reached the top of the place. All in all, all of them had an amazing day at the amusement park. 

Now they were taking the two hour drive home. Virgil and Patton should be switching off driving around halfway back since Roman drove them all the way there. He insisted too, so it's not like the others forced him to do it. Currently they were just driving on the highway in order to get back to their home. 

It should be a while until they get into town, so everything was a-okay. Roman closed his eyes and fell asleep. 

Roman woke up about 45 minutes later to find them stopping at one of those roadside plazas. Virgil was sitting in the front seat with his headphones on as he listened to music from his phone. He turned around and saw that his boyfriend in the back seat had woken up. "'Sup, Ro. Patton needed a bathroom break and we're going to switch who's driving when he gets back." 

Roman nodded sleepily, still tired and not fully awake from his short nap. "Got it." He yawned and stretched his arms above his head. He adjusted himself from his stiff position of leaning his head against the seat belt. It wasn't the most comfortable, but sleeping in a car wasn't really a task that left you without a crick in your neck. 

"Hopefully we should be home in about an hour, so feel free to go back to sleep. You drove us to the park, it's only fair that we drive you back." Roman nodded and tried to adjust himself so he could get comfortable against the door again. Well, at least comfortable enough to allow him to fall asleep. Though sleep wouldn't come, so instead he just lay there with his eyes closed. 

Patton got back and Virgil started driving them back to their house. They were about 15 minutes away from home when they arrived back in their hometown. They arrived at the busiest intersection in town and Virgil tool a deep breath. No one in the town liked this intersection and everyone had voted to get stoplights here multiple times, but no. The town hall was being annoying and didn't want that.