Chapter 1: Diagon Alley

(A/N: Hello Everybody! As usual, I really like to put a song/AMBIANCE in every chapter that reminds me of the chapter! Here is the first one! Thank you everyone! It won't let me post a link so just search: Diagon Alley Ambiance on YT and it is the first one!) 

Today is the day.

I woke early, my alarm singing in my ear. My eyes popped open. I sprung out of bed and as soon as my socked toes touched the fur rug on my floor, I twirled in a circle. I took a deep breath and stretched my arms over my head and smiled. I looked down at my black cat, her name was Melicent, and I scratched her chin, "Today is going to be a great day!" My voice rang through the house, but I didn't care. "We are going to Diagon Alley!"

Melicent replied with a steady yawn.

"Mags!" Mom's voice rang out, "Come down here for breakfast, we must catch the train early!"

I plumbed down the stairs, my feet catching the steps softly. My black silk pajamas were loose on my skin in the warm August air. As I appeared in the kitchen, there was a pan being scrubbed by no one in the sink, the scrubber simply moving in circles around the pan as if the house ghost was scrubbing the eggs off the dish. Mom smiled when she seen me around the fridge, she was pulling out a glass pitcher filled with orange juice she had pressed yesterday, for this very occasion. "Oh Mags!" She cried excited. "I'm so excited! Are you ready to get your books.... Oh, I seem to have misplaced your list..." My mother looked around, her eyes glowing with confusion until she closed her eyes, she breathed softly and lifted her wand out from her waist band where she seemed to always keep it. "Accio Hogwarts School List" Slowly, a long thin parchment appeared in front of my eyes in thin air, and drifted down into my hands. "Ah, that's better!" Mom cried as she slipped her wand back into her waist band. "The train to London leaves at 10am sharp! We must be there on time, come on Mags. Eat your breakfast!"

My mother was always excited to take a trip to Diagon Alley. She loved watching all of Hogwarts first year students purchase all of their robes, wands, and books. She loves being able to remember her first time, and the magic that came along with Hogwarts. The Hogwarts Express, the Boats, the Dorms. She loved it there, and she was incredibly excited when - even though she had married a muggle - she had given birth to a baby that was filled with magic, and three years ago when my Hogwarts Acceptance letter came by Owl, straight from Headmaster Dumbledore himself, mother couldn't have been anymore excited.

I sat down at the table and read "The Daily Prophet" - the wizard world newspaper. Nothing too exciting today, an article about a few second years who found a magical spell to set their home on fire, luckily enough their parents had just found a new spell to summon a thunderstorm. I sipped the orange juice mom had poured into a glass for me and nibbled at my eggs on toast. I smiled at my mother, "Did you see all of the books I needed this year?" I ask.

"Oh yes," Mom smiled, "There's quite a bit this year, but not to fret - Dad's been doing good this year. He knows we must take our money into Gringotts and get it sorted before we are able to buy your books." mother worked with the Ministry, next to Ron Weasley's father, though I didn't know much about either of them, I hear they were good people and did good work. My father, on the other hand, was a Doctor for Muggles. He worked with children in the hospital in London, and unfortunately, do to a few surgeries of utter importance, he is unable to accompany us to Diagon Alley, really, I think he's just afraid of what he could encounter down there, and he wasn't too much of a fan of the Goblins there.

I stood up, whisked my bowl into the sink and waved at mom as I tumbled up the stairs. It wasn't mandatory to wear your robe to Diagon Alley, but it was nice to wear it, because some shops were likely to hand out discounts if you were part of their house. I chose to wear my robe over some of my street clothes, since this was the last day I would be able to wear it. Tomorrow I board the train to Hogwarts, and from then on I will be wearing sweater vests, ties, and my long, very warm robe until the end of the year.