Perfect

⚠️trigger warning: mentions of abuse⚠️

9:30 a.m

i was walking to ruben's house because he called and asked if i wanted to hangout again this morning.

i approached his door and knocked on it. he came outside within seconds and he looked pretty scared. "hey, you look really nice. ready to go?" he asked.

"sure" i said while smiling. we skated down the street and to the store to get snacks. we then snuck onto the school campus (the same one we went to yesterday). i looked at ruben while eating. he still looked upset.

"hey, you ok?"
"yeah, i'm just-"

"you know you can talk to me if anything is bothering you, i'm always here" i reached for his hand and he smiled.

"i just don't want to go home. my mom abuses me and my sister. i really don't know what to do, i just-" he began to tear up. i hugged him, i felt bad because i didn't know what to say to him.

"it's ok, ruben. i'm so sorry you have to go through this. i'm always here if you need anything and you have my address so you can come over anytime."

"thank you, mariah. i appreciate you" he hugged me and we continued to eat our food and talk.
++++
ruben and i skated to the mall. we were just looking around and talking.

"we should take a picture in one of those photo booths" he suggested. i nodded my head and we walked over to one.
"they came out so cute, i'm going to hang this on my wall" i said.

"are you hungry? we could get in n out if you want" he asked. "sure, let's go."

we got to in n out, ordered our food, and went outside to eat. "i'm taking one of your fries" ruben said and i playfully rolled my eyes. he laughed, he's so cute.

"you know, fourthgrade really likes tia, right?" ruben stated. "this is the happiest i've seen him to be honest"

"really? tia really likes him too."
"how did you even meet ryan?"

"basically i was riding down the street and i wasn't paying attention then a car was speeding towards me and she pushed me out of the way" i explained.

"oh, we'll i'm glad she did either i would've never met you" ruben said while smiling and held my hand. i smiled and continued to eat my food.
++++
after we ate, ruben and i skated to my house.

"do you want to come in? i'm pretty sure everyone left" i asked. "sure, why not" he responded. we walked in the house and upstairs into my room. "wow, your room is really nice."

"thank you, ruben"
i turned my radio on and music started to blast. i looked over to see ruben looking at my wall. "how many magazines do you collect" he asked and i started laughing. "not much"

my focus then shifted back to the radio because i heard my favorite song. i started dancing and he just stared at me. i held my hand out, "come on, dance with me."

he grabbed my hand and we just bounced around and danced like idiots. i fell and he held his hand out. "thanks"

"no problem."
we just stared at each other. he started moving in closer and closer, i did the same thing. we had kissed each other, i began to get really happy.
"i like you, mariah."

"i like you too." we were about to kiss again until i heard someone knock on my door. i opened it and it was tia. "sorry, was i interrupting something" she smirked. i started laughing awkwardly. "anyways, i came to tell you that i'm going to hangout with fourthgrade for a while" she said.

"oh and don't do anything while i'm gone."

i rolled my eyes and looked back at ruben. "sorry about that" i said. "it's fine, seriously."

we sat on my bed and watched a movie. about 2 hours later, he was getting ready to leave. "bye ruben, i'll talk to you later." he smiled and  kissed me. "i'll see you later" he said and left.
++++
"hey riah" tia said while entering my room. "hey! how was it?"

"well, he gave me flowers and we got some food. then we just walked around the city and he told me he liked me."

"i'm so happy for you tia" i said excitingly and hugged her. "so, what were you and ruben doing here" she asked. "we just watched movies and um..."

"and um what?"
"we... kissed"

"wait, really?!" she said excitedly. "ryan needs to pay me $15."

"you guys made a bet?!"
"yes and i was right"

after talking to each other for 15 minutes. we said goodnight each other and went to bed. i couldn't wait to see ruben again tomorrow.
••••
author's note: hey guys! i really hope you enjoyed this chapter. also, do you guys like the new cover? anyways, i'll try to start updating more frequently😹 bye