²

"Into the looking glass"

》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

Prudence

Inaudible sounds filled  the females ears as she awoke from her slumber. The sound of clinking and scraping

See before that night the girl had consumed as many substances of pills ,liquor or anything she could get her hands on. Anything made her feel
Numb . Feeling like this made her want even more to salvage the taste of not feeling anymore .

But at that very moment she didnt feel numb ,she felt  parched and even more like crying because her plan failed .

Interupped from her thoughts a women in all white comes in with a chart in her hand and a cup.

"Well  ms .blackwood  it's time for medication "she said .

"Um I dont know what that is for so I'm not taking that shit ." She spat at the lady.

"I think you know why you're here"she said.

"I'm not crazy " the girl  said frustrated.

"No one said you were crazy" her smile returning suddenly she was all happy again.

"Take your pill you will feel better "the lady said pushing it towards her.

"I think you should speak with doctor   Lazarus " as she said that she walked out the metal door .

Ten minutes of staring at that cup with the pill in it .she was completing on whether or not she should take it.It wasn't a pill she was familiar with It was red and white .

She started to lean over the bed to the small table located at the rear end and picks up ,the cup hesantily puts it in her mouth and washes the contents down with the room temperature water .

A white man that looked to be in his late thirties with blue eyes and blond hair walks in with a chart .Assuming that is doctor Lazarus she stares at him.

"Why am I in a nuthouse "she said  ,staring at his hand that he recently left out .

"Your not in a nuthouse," he said ,taking his hand back and pushing his glasses up his nose . "Your in a hospital."

"Right" she said "the nutward in a hospital "

"Its a psychiatric ward ." he said . " And your  in it because were concerned that something may be bothering you " he spoke really calm and casual like he told this to many people .

"Something might be bothering me ."  She  repeated ,mimicking him in s goofy voice.  Then she laughed maniacally.  "Why would something be bothering me ?"

He had a weird look on his face as if he didnt know what to say . He just kept staring at her .

"Can you just give me the discharge papers so I can get home " she said very agitated.

"We need to run a few more test and no there are no discharge papers "

"I'll see you this evening "

As he walked out  , the nurse I'm assuming  had came and took what seemed like three gallons of blood and after the last one she started to feel sick .

Another lady in her mid sixties came in  and started to pull a chair up beside her  bed . "I need to ask you a few questions ..."

"Have you ever taken ecstasy " she said smiling and cocking her head in a irritating way.

"No" she  told her ,and she made a check mark in her book  she was holding .

"Methamphetamine?" She said .When she  didn't answer right away she just marked it down . "Crystal ? Ice ?Tina?"

"No...yes " she looked at her as if she knew the girl was lying which made her stop mid sentence and change her answer.

She made another mark.And kept making Mark's after every question and answer . Cocaine? yes. Check Alcohol? No. Check .  Marijuana ,GHB  ,snappers? No ,No,yes  check check check.

"Have you ever been in any sexual activities " the lady asked .

"No. " the girl was lying but she couldnt bare to bring to subject that she has and what she has done.

In fact she didnt feel the need to tell the truth to a complete stranger ...