One

*beep beep beep*  You groan rolling over and hitting the buzzing alarm

*beep beep beep*  You groan rolling over and hitting the buzzing alarm.  Peeking one eye open to look at the alarm, the time reads 7:55 am.  "Too early, way too freaking early," you think as you untangle yourself from the covers.  Your new semester of classes starts today and while you love your major you are now regretting your decision to take an 8:30 am class.

Never the less you have to get ready so you walk to the bathroom turning on the water and stepping in.  The scalding water runs through your hair and down your back.  You grab your shampoo and squirt some into the palm of your hand.  You begin to massage your scalp, as you do the smell of vanilla cascades through the shower.  You shower quickly as to not waste time, washing your body with your peach scented body wash, and thoroughly brushing your teeth.

You step out wrapping a towel around your body and you go to wipe off the mirror.  You look at yourself through the steam and water droplets.  You're pretty, not average by any means, although a lot of the time you doubt this about yourself.  You're confident but soft-spoken, although your mind is the opposite.

You shake the thought off and dry off and head to your closet.  You pick out some high waisted black shorts and a white short sleeve shirt.  It doesn't start to cool down in Virginia until late September at the earliest, so you'd still be wearing summer clothes for a while.

You finish getting ready, applying minimal makeup just some mascara and highlight, and blowdry and straighten your hair.  You normally would just leave your hair to air dry but you wanted to look nice today, it was the first day of classes after all.

Walking out of your room you head towards the kitchen, the dorms on campus are basically mini apartments.  2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen, and a living space, it was small but comfy.  Walking past the living room you see your roommate Penelope sitting on the couch on her computer.

"Hey Pen," you say smiling in her direction.  She looks up from her computer almost annoyed someone distracted her but then her looks soften as she realizes it's you, "Oh, morning sweet cheeks.  You're up early?"

You nod putting on a pot of coffee to brew, "Yeah I have an 8:30 am class, I'm thinking I might drop it though.  You know me and mornings are not good friends."

Penelope laughs in agreement, you normally take afternoon classes because you are not a morning person.  You pour your coffee into a to-go cup, "Hey can you pour me a cup," Penelope's voice chimes.  You mumble an agreement and pour her a cup, bringing it to her.

"Are you gonna be gone all day, I could meet you for lunch on campus?  I only have my one coding class today" Penelope asks taking a sip of her coffee.

You're gathering your bookbag together when you answer, "My last class ends at 12:30 if you wanna meet me at the cafe at 1?"

Penelope agrees and then coughs on her coffee, "You said your class is at 8:30? It's 8:23 y/n."