☀02

Hyunjin's pov

I looked myself in the mirror one last time before deciding to go downstairs. It was Saturday so no school today.

When I reached the kitchen I was greeted by my mother and of course Seungmin. They were laughing and having fun. Without me? Was it that easy for him to just replace me?

I pulled out my chair loudly and sat down. They both looked up at me and only now realizing I came. I wonder what they were talking about that was so funny.

"Oh, good morning honey, did you sleep well?"

"Yeah" I answered shortly.

"Let me bring you a plate" she placed the plate in front of me and I filled it with food.

I ate my breakfast quietly and not paying attention to their little small talk.

"Hyunjin, we planned to go grocery shop soon, you're going with us, right?" my mom asked with a more forcing tone.

"Yeah, whatever" I didn't have anything better to do anyways.

After we all finished our breakfasts I did the dishes and Seungmin decided to help my mom with the table. Even though she said he didn't have to.

Now and then I glanced at Seungmin. Is that an inhaler? Ugh, I don't want to be reminded!

"Are you okay Seungmin?" my mom asked concerned.

"Y-yeah it's okay. Just l-l-little out of b-breath" he replied, clearly breathless and lightly coughing.

"Are you sure? You should sit down for awhile, okay?" she motioned him to sit down on a chair by the table.

How am I supposed to live with this mess? My blood is freaking boiling.

I continued with what I was doing and soon finished. Right after, I went up to my room.

I kneeled down and reached for the box under my bed. A little one with a red silk band around. It was very dusty since I haven't cleaned for awhile and have no intentions to do so what so ever.

I sat down on my bed and opened the box slowly and carefully lifted up the small pictures inside. Of my mom, dad and me.

I didn't want to cry but just couldn't resist this time. Small drops formed in my eyes and slid down my cheeks and then dripping on the pictures.

Suddenly I heard a knock on the door and was quick to hide the photos and wipe away my tears.

"What is it?" I asked and the door was carefully opened by none other than Seungmin himself.

"Y-your mom s-s-said th-that we h-have to g-go now" he said.

I felt a little excited to get to know the Seungmin more but at the same time.. I can't let him ruin my reputation. And let's not forget the fact that he gets all the attention and I wont help him. I can't build a relationship with a sick person and definitely not a freaking nerd.

"Yeah, I'm coming, just wait for me downstairs, alright?"

"s-sure" he shut the door slowly but quickly left.

-------------------

"Hyunjin honey can you go with Seungmin to get flour, rice and bread?"

"Fine" I replied annoyed knowing that I couldn't say no to my mom. She would force me to do it anyways.

We walked side by side but Seungmin just stared down. There was an awkward silence and I couldn't handle that. But before I could even open my mouth he did.