~Chapter 5~

Kenma woke easier on Monday the 15 of July, the day after Kuroo had stayed by his side when he couldn't bear to be alone. Kenma was lightly pulled from his drowse by the domestic feel of long, slender fingers brushing through his head of hair. Kenma immediately knew who hand those lanky fingers were attached to. Kenma scarcely opened his eyes, trying to see Kuroo but also not wanting to alarm him. Kenma managed to see a small bit of Kuroo's face through the film his eyelashes seemed to apply, but he could see Kuroo nonetheless. Kenma stopped for a second upon seeing the look of pure fascination and mesmerization on the strong features of his handsome face. But Kenma saw a hint of something else in the look as well.      
Could it be...admiration? Fondness, maybe? Kenma's internal dialogue spoke. Kenma examined the other males face for a while longer. He wanted to see any and all feelings Kuroo was displaying so openly to him. He wanted to know if what the male had told him the night before had been true. If Kuroo really...loved him.
Kenma knew it was time to "wake up" when he could feel the vicious dogs of hunger start to gnaw on his insides. He thought about the last time he had eaten an actual meal and realized he had barely eaten since the night he spent in the field. The only thing Kenma had been able to eat was a few bites of the toast and a sip of water. It was time for breakfast.
Kenma began to stir attempting to make it seem as though he was just emerging from his sleep. Apparently, it worked because the look Kuroo had on his face was washed away and was replaced with a regular soft smile. It had no real emotion, it was more of a "glad you're finally awake" smile. Kenma wanted the other smile back—he liked it better than this plain one. Kenma slowly parted his eyelids, letting his eyes adjust to the dim light surrounding them more than they had before.
Kuroo may have dropped the smile but his fingers still slid through the strands of hair. Kuroo knew Kenma secretly loved it when people ran their fingers through his hair. No one else knew but Kuroo, so he did it every chance he got. Kuroo liked to feel his hair slide across the back of his hand and through the wedges in between his fingers; It brought peace to them both. They laid there, Kenma focused on his own fingers, not wanting to make eye contact and make the situation uncomfortable for them. Their cloak of peace was abruptly interrupted by Kenmas stomach growling in a plea for any kind of nutrition. Kuroo paused in sudden awareness that Kenma hadn't eaten anything sustaining in the past 24 hours.
"Kenma, get up we have to get you something to eat. It's been too long since you ate something. I'm half surprised you haven't passed out by now," Kuroo said only half-joking. Kuroo sat up in bed and motioned for Kenma to do the same. After a bit of struggle, they both realized just how starved Kenma must have been...