Chapter 4

Into the Woods

Chapter 4

A/N: AHHH PLEASE DON’T KILL ME *holds Alfie up in front of me*. Okay, yes I haven’t updated for over a month BUT I’M BACK!! I’ve been putting this book on hold until my writing skills became what it used to be and decided that I would post Chapter 4! BUT ANYWAY THIS BOOK HAS ALMOST 400 READS!! WOOT WOOT. Anywayyy, ENJOY!

Wren’s POV

While the blonde bitch was complaining about the mystery yellow chunky stuff that emphasizes her split ends, I held the adorable little Alfie who had woken up from the screechy voice of Jessica. Cooing at him, I tried to teach him my name. At first, he stared at me blankly, and then began to emit the cutest sounds ever.

“Say, ‘Wren’,” I murmur into his ear, trying to brainwash him.

“Ahhhh…goo ga?” he dribbled happily.

“Wren. C’mon, Wwrrreehhhhnn,” I drawl. He made a sound suspiciously like puke coming up a person’s throat and giggled loudly. Awing at his indescribable cuteness, I say my name once more. “W-rr-eh-nn.” Alfie’s mouth worked as if mimicking me was the hardest thing ever. “You can do it,” I encourage.

“Wen!” He cries triumphantly. “Wen, Wen, Wen, Wen!!” I laugh softly.

“Not quite,” I grin, “but close enough.” As Alfie keeps shouting my name (or some version of it) I look around the room for Corey. Surprisingly, there was only a huge black wolf in his place. Staring at it, I debated on whether or not I should scream. However, the opening of my mouth only emitted a tiny squeak.

‘Damnit!’ I think frustratingly. ‘I’m not a mouse!’ The wolf continues to look at me amusingly, cocking it’s head to the side as if I were the animal, not him.

“Wen. Wen wen wen wen wen wen wen…”Alfie whispers, tugging at my wild brown hair.

“Yeah, buddy?” I say distractedly.

Instead of answering, he squirms in my arms as if he needed to let loose a stream of liquid. Sighing, I edge towards the door without taking my eyes off the wolf.

“Okay, little guy. One second,” I mutter, as if being quiet would prevent the wolf from lunging. My approach was going fine until I put my hand on the knob. As soon as I started to turn it, the wolf growled loudly. I quickly drop my hand, spin around, and sprint to the other side of the room, while Alfie is pounding on my back and crying some unintelligible phrase. He was quickly put into his crib, as I didn’t want the animal to hurt him.

Whining, the wolf stalked towards me, its eyes staring into my soul. Or maybe it was staring at my legs that were still bare. I was frozen solid, and my feet were cemented to the ground. At least it seemed so. Instead of biting off my fingers though, it rubbed his head against my thighs. Its fur was actually really soft. Of course, being an idiot, my first reaction is to pet it. I reach out my hand, straining to touch the softness of it, but as the wolf turned to look, I jerked back. It whined again, staring at my trembling hands. I still didn’t move. He then walked around me, still keeping his fur brushing against my legs and nudged my hand onto the top of his head. He nuzzled my fingers until I began to willingly move them, petting the soft fur as his eyes held joy and pleasure.

Sighing from relief that the wolf didn’t attack me, I collapsed onto the floor and leaned my back against the wall. It let out a little huff, and then lay its entire body in my lap. My legs were now completely bare, as my shirt had ridden up from my sudden relaxation. There, in Alfie’s room, I sat for hours, with a huge wolf laying on top of my legs, I fell asleep to the sound of my own breathing.

A/N: I KNOW IT’S VERY SHORT PLEASE DON’T KILL ME A SECOND TIME! *thrusts Jessica’s boobs in your face* OKAY WELL THIS CHAPTER WAS KIND OF REALLY IMPORTANT CAUSE IT’S STARTING THE BONDING BETWEEN THE TWO MAIN CHARACTERS SO YEAH.

ANYWAY I HOPE YOU LIKED IT! COMMENT, VOTE, AND THANKS FOR READING!!