Chapter Nine

This time when I woke up, I knew where I was. But the sinking feeling in my stomach didn't leave me. I was alone now and the bright light peeking through the curtain shows it was the next morning. I look around to see I was now transferred to a recovery room which looked a little more nicer than the previous one. Well as nice as a hospital room can get anyway.

There is a glass of water on the table besides me and I slowly reach for it, groaning. Those dang shots made my arm sore and it hurts to hold the glass. I didn't realize how thirsty I was till I drank the whole glass quickly. I hear footsteps coming outside the door and wonder how they knew I was up. I look around and my eyes stop on the ceiling where there is a small camera in the corner. Huh. So that's why they moved me. I want to give the finger at the people who are watching me to protest this invasion of my privacy, but I restrain myself and just glare at them instead.

A crew of nurses enter my room, say hello, and busy themselves with changing my pillow and bringing me more water and other things. The head nurse asks me how I'm feeling.

"Oh I feel just great!" I think. I just groan and turn away, ignoring her.

The nurses stay and busy themselves with pointless tasks, probably waiting for me to ask them for something. But they are really annoying me now, and I just want them to go away.

"Please leave." I tell them quietly. They just start rushing to finish their tasks but don't make an effort to move.

"Now." I say, a bit firmer. They look at me and see me glaring at them, so they nod their heads and leave. 

On their way out, the head nurse quickly tells what I didn't have the heart to ask about; that my dad wont be coming in today because he had an emergency meeting and couldn't get away. She was looking at me like I was some pitiful creature when she told me this.

I glare at her pretending I couldn't care less about this news and just wanted her to leave. Both she and I know I am not fooling anyone.  When the door shut behind her I remember there might be someone watching so I go under my covers to cry and fall back asleep for the umpteenth time.