Stop Playing Matchmaker

He chuckles and walks to my bedroom door and turns around, "oh and Althea, just because I'm being nice to you doesn't mean you still get to keep this room" he smirks. I glare at him. Seriously? I thought we've been through this. Ugh.

"you know he's not so bad. I think he's got the hots for you, Thea" I glare at my mother.

"just because me and Steven broke up doesn't mean I'm going to jump into another relationship, especially not with someone like..... Colton" I spit his name out like venom. Mum rolls her eyes, "kids these days...... Look I'm not saying you have to start a relationship with him right away, I'm just saying you two should be friends. You know get to know each other, become friends" man she is not going to leave this subject.

"yeah, right. Friends with the enemy" I snort. Mum frowns, "why are you even encouraging me to start a relationship" I ask. She never plays matchmaker. Why now.

Colton walks into the lounge with a cup of what looks like coffee. He sits down in the recliner chair while typing something on his laptop, while taking sips of his coffee.

Mum sighs, "Pentru ca vreau nepoti" she replies in Romanian. Colton chokes on his coffee. I raise my eyebrows, "are you OK?" I ask concerned. He nods his head while trying to contain his laughter. Now I know mum said something stupid.

I narrow my eyes at them both, "mum, I don't speak Romanian and you-" I point at Colton, " -shut your trap. Mum, repeat what you said earlier in English or in a language I understand clearly" I warned.

I can speak and understand Italian, Spanish, French, German, Russian, Greek, Latin and Romanian. I knew she spoke in Romanian but she rushed her comment so I couldn't understand a thing. But I knew it was something stupid because of Colton's reaction.

She blushes furiously, "J'ai dit que c'est parce que je veux petits- enfants" translation (it's because I want grandchildren) my face falls and i look at her shocked and in disbelief, while Colton is laughing like an idiot who sniffed some laughing gas. He calms down when I give him my dirtiest glare, " maman je ne ai même pas tourné vingt et un et vous êtes déjà la mendicité des petits-enfants. incroyable " translation ( mom I haven't even turned twenty one and you're already begging for grandchildren. unbelievable) I exclaimed.

"honey, you and your siblings are all grown up. I thought that because you kids don't find me or father fun to be around makes me feel like you guys don't want us around anymore" mum says truthfully. I sigh, "mum, we will always love. I will trade in my dreams just to have you and dad by my side. There is nothing in the world that can change that" I squeeze her hand gently. She smiles and pulls me into a hug.

"just promise me you'll stop playing matchmaker with me. If you want to play matchmaker then play it with Nikita not me" I say seriously.

"hey" Nikki shouts. speak of the devil and he shall appear. We laugh at her expression. "oh honey, I would never do that to you" mum replies, but I know Nikki could see right through her lie.

"mmmhmmm.....anyways, I came to tell you guys that I found one of our old photo albums. I wanted to see if you guys wanted to take a look. Even you too, Colton. Maybe you could find some of Althea's photos" Nikki replied with an evil smile playing on her lips.

Colton looks up from his laptop and at Nikki, then at my horrid reaction. He grins evilly, "I wouldn't miss it for the world" he replied.

Mum and Nikki giggle, "no, no, that's fine. Their probably just some baby photos" I say, but I know in my heart that they're not.

He gets up from his seat and walks up to Nikki, who's holding the album. I groan as he opens the album. Two agonizing minutes and Colton is already laughing at an embarrassing photo of me on my eleventh birthday. Me and Nikki got into a food fight. I had frosting in my hair and dress. Mum and dad thought it would be cute to take a photo and show it off to my cousins.

"who's this guy?" Colton asked coldly. I walk up behind him and peek over his shoulder. My heart drops and my vision starts to get blurry. I was about twelve at that time. I'm kissing a boys cheek. He was about fifteen years old in the image.

He had dark hair, brown eyes and a slight tan. He was wearing black jeans and a see through white T-shirt. You could see his small wolf shaped birthmark on his left shoulder.

"his name was Jericho" I cough out.

A tear fell out and onto the image, "he was our older brother" I whispered.

Dun Dun Duuuuunnnnnn. Those of you who had caught onto the 'was' part are correct, Jericho is unfortunately dead. There will be more about Jericho in the next chapter.