••Twins: double confession

You were a good friend of both twins. A triad of trouble and mischief. You spent almost every waking moment with the identical duo, either pulling pranks or orchestrating them.

In one of the rare fleeting moments of peace you were sat under a tree on the grassy pavilion, potions homework in lap. You were happily alone, enjoying the quite time when one of the brothers
appeared at your side.

"If you want my opinion on those puking pastels, I already told Fred I preferred the second slogan." You said to fill the silence, not looking up the from parchment and quill that rest in your lap.

"I'm not here about those." George muttered sheepishly.

"Well you should know by now that I'm not giving you the homework so if that's what your after you might as well leave now."

"Not that either." He sighed softly

"The what's up?" You asked, turning around finally to face him crouched at your side peering around the tree trunk.

Eyes scanning his expression, it almost seemed as thought George was nervous. The twins were never nervous, so you were immediately concerned.

"Is something wrong?" You added quickly.

"Not really." He muttered under his breathe

"Not really?"

"I just-" he let out a defeated sigh "I need to ask you something."

Your eye brows furrowed "what is it?"

"Would you... maybe, want to go out with me?"

Your blinked carefully, stunned by his question. You were the close with boy, no doubt, constantly fooling around together, and yet it never occurred to you to think of his as more than a friend. With the possibility now arriving you weren't exactly opposed to the idea but it certainly took you by surprise.

"I- uh..." you stuttered, trying to come up with the words to explain your inner turmoil. You didn't want to flat out reject him, but you weren't sure if you wanted to say yes yet. "Can I have a day or two to think about it?" You suggested.

With face dropping in defeat, George nodded, assuming the worst.

"I don't want you to think it's a no though." You added quickly, trying to figure out how to mend what you'd just broken "I just wasn't really looking for anything and I need time to mull over my possibilities. I want to say yes, at least I think I do, but I'm just a little too stunned to think clearly right now."

With a slight bit more life to his face George nodded again "ok, let me know what you decided."

with a slight loss of breath and impending shock wave you stayed slumped against the tree.

Did you want this?

You thought so.

Packing up your homework and scurrying back to your dorm you bumped into Fred. The giddy, love drunk smile on your face grew wider when you saw him.

"Hiya Fred." You chuckled

"Hey, I was just looking for you... do you think we could talk?"

You nodded, growing slightly concerned. Why did he need to talk to you as well? Was it about George?

"Yea sure, what's up?"

With the demeanor of a scared child he met your eyes, "I just wanted to say that I've liked you for a while now and I was wondering if you'd let me take you on a date?"