Chapter 3

Day 2

You survived the cold night. You tore through everything you scavenged with what was left of the plane. Tearing up the leather in the seats, creating blankets with clothing, using seatbelts as tourniquets, anything you could think of. It was then the sun began to rise in the horizon.

The seven of you stared out at the morning sky. Mellow blues and pinks blurred together in a silver mist to create another gorgeous scene. Even when the situation was drowning in grief and hardship, the sky remained beautiful. That was the one thing that had kept your hopes up—if the sky remained vivid and powerful, then so could you.

You lifted your head off Spencer's shoulder and sat upright, your stomach hurting with every movement. You softly groaned.

Spencer's pov (1st)

We had survived one night. Y/n rested her head on my shoulder the whole time and it was nice. I felt great that I could give her a little comfort.

Her and JJ weren't looking so good. Y/n says it's just her stomach and head and there's no need to worry, but I did anyway. I didn't like seeing her in pain, that hurt me.

JJ had been conscious ever since I resuscitated her. We all watched her closely. She could pass out again and we'll need to do the process again. Hopefully we would be out of here before that though, our strength wouldn't last long.

Derek moaned in pain. I could see why I mean I did just reset his arm with no pain killers. Ugh. If only we had pain killers. Everyone wouldn't be so down and we could probably find a way out of here...

Hotch had his arm around Emily. Her head was badly bashed. We made a makeshift bandage around her head to stop the bleeding. Sooner than later, she would bleed through but we weren't there yet. We didn't want her to pass out so Hotch volunteered to watch her.

No one talked. It was awfully silent. It was the quiet that was deafening. Silence is the void; broken by noise which shatters it like glass. The lack of life to break the deafness with ragged breaths and the beating of a human heart. Silence is noise, but quite unlike one we are accustomed too. I'm pretty certain we could hear the ants moving.

We developed a new rule. The buddy system. No matter what happened, if anyone dared to move, you went with your sitting buddy. I sat with y/n on my right. Derek, Rossi, and JJ were to my left. JJ lay on the ground while everyone else sat. In front of me was Hotch, still with his arm around a seemingly passed out Emily. She barely moved. But I saw her breathing patterns. They were slow and steady.

I knew we would run out of food soon so I got up and went to look for something, anything. I tried to get up but damn. I sat back down and saw that a glass shard stuck out from the side of my hip. When did that get there?

Between the fear and adrenaline I couldn't feel it. There was no indication it struck an artery so I pulled it out. I closed my eyes and yelled.

No bleeding.

I wrapped a spare t-shirt around my hip and went on.

Y/n's pov

You saw Spencer get up and walk away after pulling a 4 inch shard out of his hip. So much for the buddy system. You thought. But that was before Derek moved over to you. JJ still had Rossi and vice versa.

"Hey princess." He huffed. "How you holding up?"

He gave a small smile but you could tell he was in pain.

"I'm fine. Just like I was the other day." That wasn't true. Your stomach ached even more and your head was throbbing. The rest of your conversation was short with small talk.

It must of been hours before Spencer returned. He was walking with a stick that perfectly fit his height. Derek scooted back over and Spencer slowly lowered down.

"Anything kid?" Rossi asked.

He shook his head.

"I did find some berries but nothing much. There's really nothing out here. It's just us..." His voice trailed off. His eyes fell as you watched the hope get sucked out.

  Everyone used their rations sparingly. They tried to eat and drink as little as possible not knowing how long they would be out there. Hotch shared some of his food with Emily, knowing she needed it more.

  Spencer tested the berries on himself before giving everyone 2 each. He looked at his remaining berry and gave it to you. It was just one berry but why did he want to give it to you?

  "Spence... you eat it." You try to push his hand away but he only extended it further.

  "I'll manage." He told you.

  It was sweet. Him putting you before himself. You took the berry, smiled, and ate it. Your mind kept racing. Why did he offer it to me? Did he... god no what am I talking about? You shake your head and place a hand on it. It hurt more when you got deep into thought.

   The sun was setting. The end of day 2 was nearing. Yet no one grew any suspicion that you were gone. You were all still there.

  Well... you couldn't say that about the pilot...

The nighttime in that forest belonged to the owls and coyotes. With only the starlight and waxing moon for light, the blackness was almost complete. The woods were a tangle of roots on which to trip, a maze of paths to become lost within. No one left the semicircle at night, fearing they would not return.

  The cold night gave us more reason to draw closer to one another, to feel the natural warmth we are born to give.

  Your head found it's way back to Spencer's shoulder. You pulled your makeshift blanket closer. He rested his head on yours, careful to not hurt you. The fire crackled in the background. That along with the little critters that ran around were the only things you could hear.

  You were pretty certain a coyote or fox or something was eating the dead pilot in the background. He was a little ways away from your current location but you could still hear every chomp every chew...

  You look up into the sky. It was filled with stars as far as the eye could see. You thought to yourself,

  We're still here...

—————————————————————-
Hey everyone! So this was my first time switching povs and I just really wanted to try it out. I hope you liked it because I will use some more in the next chapters, again, reminding you when it switches.