Dueling

Hermione stared at her a bit. "Ok....I won't tell anyone." Saffie nodded at her and changed back into herself. "Alright what do you see?"

Hermione furrowed her brow, then looked directly at Saffie. "I see you with long brown hair and green eyes, and a silver halo and wings." Saffie eyes widened. "Wait you can see me like this?" Hermione nodded. "But before you ask this Saffie, no you aren't my guardian angel."

"How did you know....?" Hermione smiled at her. "I read."

~~~~~~~~~~

Time skip because I'm lazy

A long long time later, Saffie was talking to Lavender in the Great Hall, when Professor Lockheart was "showing how to duel" or something. He wasn't very good at it.

Snape beat him in the duel, so Gilderoy called Harry up. Snape made Draco go up to duel him. "This is gonna be interesting" Saffie whispered to Lavender. Lavender nodded then whispered back, "Have you figured out whose guardian angel you are?" Saffie frowned and shook her head.

The professor started counting down, Draco and Harry were supposed to do disarming spells on 1. Draco cheated and did a different spell on 2. Harry stood back up and used another spell. Saffie was sitting two far away to hear it.

Saffie looked away for a moment, and when she did, there was a snake slithering in front of Harry. She expected him to attack the snake, but instead, he did the obvious and said, "Stop" the snake looked at him and started slithering closer, when Snape burned it.

Hermione gestured for Saffie to come with her, so she said goodbye to Lavender. She followed Hermione, Ron, and Harry, and snuck into the Gryffindor common room.

"Why didn't you tell us you're a Parsmouth?"

"I'm a what?"

Hermione answered, "You can talk to snakes." I frowned. Why was she saying it like no one else could? Harry started talking about how he accidentally set a python on his cousin at the zoo once and Saffie burst out laughing. "Oh my god Harry, really?" She asked.

Ron and Hermione looked at each other. "Once! But so what?"

Saffie jumped in, "I bet loads of people here can do it."

Hermione looked at me funny before saying it wasn't a common gift. "This is bad."

Harry and Saffie were both confused "What's bad?" I nodded at him. "If he hadn't told that snake not to attack Justin..."

Ron and Hermione were shocked. "What? You were there! You heard him."

Ron shook his head. "Harry, I heard you speaking Parseltounge. Snake language."

"I spoke a different language?" Hermione both nodded."

"What about me?" Saffie asked, "I can't speak Paraeltounge, then why did I understand him?"

They all ignored her question and continued talking to Harry. Saffie's mind flashed to the writing on the walls. Writing she hadn't seen with her own eyes.

Later, when everyone was studying, people kept looking at Harry. He got fed up and left, just as Saffie arrived. She smiled at him, "Hi Harry." She said quietly.

She sat next to Hermione and Ron. "Hi." Hermione glanced around before whispering, "Saffie, I've been meaning to ask you something." Huh? "You don't have to answer, but.....what's your last name? DONT say it loudly." Saffie glanced over at Ron who was half asleep. She thought of when her name got corrected.

She used that name. "Uhm, my last name is...Martin." Suddenly she couldn't see Hermione anymore, it was like she was seeing from someone else's perspective. The person leaned over a petrified body.

Saffie jumped back to herself, and said to Hermione, "Sorry, gotta go!" She rushed back to her common room.

~~~~~~~~~~~

~a few days later~

Saffie was still searching for the person she needed to guard. Maybe she was missing something? She couldn't focus on what was going on, and when Harry asked her to go somewhere, she had no clue where they were supposed to go, only that she was going.

They went into the forbidden forest, and went to meet....a spider. A massive one. They talked with it, and everything was going well until, he decided that his kids would eat them.

Saffie teleported into the blue car that flew, and drove where Ron and Harry, also Fang, could get in. "Hurry!" She yelled. They all got in safely, and she drove them away, dodging giant spiders.

"Is everyone ok?" She asked. She then realized that the car wouldn't fly...and they were being chased. "Shoot! Everyone stay calm." She had forgotten that they would be calmer naturally because she was an angel. It was helpful now. Suddenly, the car burst into the air, flying away from the spiders.

Harry's POV

Saffie is...not normal. She seems like a Slytherin at times, even though she's a Hufflepuff. I guess she's just loyal. Everything is calmer when she's nearby, sometimes it's creepy. The spiders seemed like they didnt want to attack her.

She could understand me when I was speaking Parselstounge. 'Mione said that it's a rare gift to have, but then ignored Saffie when she claimed to have the gift.

The weirdest part about Saffie, is that she walks lightly. Too lightly. You can never hear her walking through the corridors, and she seems to float, barely off the ground.

It's not like I don't trust her. Or that I'm not grateful. Because I definitely am. She just saved our lives. But I just get that feeling, that somethings going to go wrong, sometimes when she's around. Which makes absolutely no sense, at all.

Third Person POV

Saffie drove the car back to Hogwarts with no trouble at all. Flight was one of her specialties anyways. Along with a bunch of other super cool abilities that she had no clue how to control.

One thing that she'd been seeing lately faint red strings around everyone's ankles. Except hers. If she followed the string, it would lead to someone else. Some people had strings but the ends were faded off, as if the connecting person was in another world.

But the most interesting ones weren't red. Some were purple or blue. The blue ones floated up the the sky, and the purple ones went into the ground. Saffie didn't know how she could find the ones that went underground, and when she tried to follow the blue ones, they went in forever.

The most interesting string of all was Draco's. His string started off red, then broke off into two. One half blue, one half purple. The blew floated, and the purple sunk into the ground. Saffie couldn't follow it, because when she tried to fly up, she couldn't see the string anymore.

~midnight~

Saffie thought about the strings, the spiders, and Hermione, who'd also been petrified lately. Hermione was the reason they'd gotten so far. It wasn't fair for her to be petrified.

She was too tired to teleport to Dumbledore's office, so she crept out of the Common room. Passing by the kitchen, she heard a slithering noise and a quiet crash. Like a snake that was trapped in something.

Saffie crept into the kitchen looking for the snake. Maybe she could help it. She looked over at the back of the kitchen to see a fallen bowl. " that's probably where the crash came from," she muttered to herself. 

Suddenly, she looked directly up. Curled in the corner was the biggest snake she had ever seen. It's teeth were sharp and long, it's eyes were a hypnotizing yellow. It was staring directly at her, and looking quite confused.

She went right up the the snake and cautiously stroked its back. "Hello, I'm Saraphina," she told the snake, trying to use Parseltounge. It looked back at her, before telling her what it was.

Hai! I hoped you enjoyed this chapter, it was really fun to write. Sorry I haven't been active, school takes up so much of my time. Anyways, if you have anything you want Saffie to do, please comment and I'll try to add it in. Bai bai y'all! Stay safe!

~Anchorwave