Prologue

"I'm so sorry, Mr. Davidson." The voice said from the other side of the line. "The patient has died due to blood loss." George's heart stopped. "The knife was stuck right in his chest, and --" but the doctor was cut off by a scream. George's eyes widened behind the telephone as running feet could be heard.

        "Doctor!" A frantic woman's voice cried out. "The body was stolen!" George grabbed onto the telephone tightly. No no no no. It was bad enough already that Clay was dead. Now his body was stolen. To his big surprise, the telephone line went dead. The doctor had hung up on him.

         George calmly put down the telephone, but inside, his heart was cracking. When the first tears came, he sobbed relentlessly, dragging himself up to his bedroom. Why? Why had it had to be him? Clay, the person he had loved so much? 

         The night dimmed, and rain started falling, as if mourning something itself. George slowly took out his phone, and opened the photos app. He stared at the photos of him and Clay; that one time at the beach, when they went to a café together, and some more. 

          The once glossy and clean phone cover was covered with tears as George curled into a ball on the bed, crying to sleep.

• • •

       George looked down at his clipboard. It was his second month working at the Scp Foundation, and a new Scp was here; Scp Dr34m, also known as Dream. He looked into the dim containment room of number 534. He could see nothing. 

        "Are you sure you want to go in there?" Nick Armstrong, his best friend asked, tying the white headband he always wore a little tighter. George nodded.

         "Yes. I heard this Scp is not as dangerous." He replied, putting on his white lab coat, and stepping inside the room. Nick looked into the room at George, worried. 

        "Hello?" George called out, still unable to see anything. Oh my god, George. He thought to himself. This is an Scp. Not a human. But to his surprise, a quiet voice responded.

        "He . . . llo?" The voice said. George looked around, and saw something coming towards him. It looked like a tiny blob, with a round head and green eyes, but it's body had no legs or arms. 

        "You can talk?" George asked, sitting down. The little white blob stopped in front of him.

        "You c-can talk?" The blob mimicked. George then understood. He was learning how to speak by mimicking him. George touched his earpiece.

        "Scp Dr34m can mimic talking." George told Nick. 

        "That's awesome!" Nick immediately replied. "Can I go in?" 

        "Okay." George responded, but Nick was already in before he could finish the word. 

        "He's adorable!" Nick cried, picking up the tiny white blob, who didn't object. But then, it looked straight at George with those striking green eyes of it, and George could see something he lost ages ago in them. But what was it? He couldn't remember. Something about those green eyes . . . 

          But at that moment, the familiar voice of Zak Ahmed, or just Zak, spoke into George's earpiece. "Uh, I might need your help, George and Nick. I have a little problem with Scp H61O." George stood up.

          "C'mon, Nick." He said, and strode out of the room, casting one last glance over his shoulder. He knew he would be visiting Dream soon as he wrote down Dream's report.

• • •

        "What do you need, Zak?" Nick asked. Zak said nothing, looking still terrified, and pointed into the room. George peered inside, and saw something. The once mist-like Scp was now in the shape of a human, wearing a black and red hoodie with black skin. When it turned, he saw that it's eyes were white and it had horns.

          "That's Halo?" George asked in surprise as Vincent, another person studying Halo, came with his clipboard. His eyes were covered with his normal black and silver eye cover, and his black hair over it. He had been with an Scp so long before, that his eyes had turned white. Now he didn't really like to show it. 

          "Zak, you should go rest." Vincent said. 

          "No, this is important." Zak replied. 

          "That's what you said about Scp SK399Y!" He cried. "Just go rest." George stared at Zak, confused, but Zak said nothing, and left. 

          "What do you mean about Scp SK399Y?" Nick asked. Scp SK399Y, or Skeppy, was a mine full of diamonds; any person who had went in there had disappeared, and never found again. Even a group of people had disappeared. Obviously, Zak had seen something horrible that Vincent didn't want to talk about.

          "Nothing, Nick." Vincent snapped. They kept on looking at Halo. The figure had turned back into a wisp, and was now floating around the room. 

           "You guys can leave," Vincent finally said. "I'll write a report on Halo." George could immediately tell, from his voice, that Vincent wanted them to leave. George grabbed Nick's arm, and lead him away.

           "Hey, what the --" Nick started to say, but shut his mouth after seeing the look on George's face.

           "Let's go visit L'manburg." George said, walking down a tiled hallway. L'manburg was a branch of the Scp Foundation, but the person in charge there, Wilbur Soot, had nicknamed it L'manburg.  

            "Hey, Wilbur." George greeted. "How's it going with Scp T033Y and Scp TV880?" Wilbur Soot smiled.

             "Pretty good." He replied. "But they have names. T033Y is Tommy, and TV880 is Tubbo. Tommy has plants on him, and he really likes to listen to music disks. Tubbo's bees help Tommy's plants grow, and Tommy protects Tubbo." 

             "I'm glad they're getting along." Nick said, staring behind Wilbur at Tommy and Tubbo's containment room, where Niki was getting the honey from Tubbo's bees while they listened to music disks. 

             "When is Schlatt coming?" George asked. 

             "I think," Wilbur said, looking down at his watch, "in a few minutes. I think --"

             "Hello, everyone." A voice said.