1

Renee lead her six-year-old daughter Isabella by the hand alongside her soon to be ex-husband Charlie. The couple had been fighting for too long now and felt that a split was needed. But the relationship wasn't their biggest problem; their daughter was.

Isabella Marie Swan was born an unwanted accident. Neither parent wanted a kid but Renee wasn't willing to abort nor was she keen on placing her child into foster care, thinking that she could end up with worse parents than herself. Left and right in the small town of Forks Washington, the couple was given advice on what to do with the baby. Eventually they were pressured into keeping Bella and convinced themselves that they would grow to love her; that in their youth and naivety, they shouldn't think selfishly.

But the couple was wrong. Bella was as adorable as kids come but her parents were never able to form a real connection with her. They often regarded Bella like the child of their neighbor that they were babysitting. It didn't help that as Bella learned to walk, run and speak, she became a mischievous troublemaker.

For someone so young, the girl loved to play pranks that were a little too mean and sometimes sophisticated for a six-year-old. One of Bella's first pranks was when she snuck into her parents bedroom with a step latter and a cup of paperclips. She used the paper clips to connect their socks and underwear and watched them spend half an hour undoing all of it. That was harmless enough and her parents thought the prank was cute at the time. But they didn't have the same sentiments for the pepper on the doorknob prank or when she left a bucket of soapy water leaning against the front door.

The repeated calls Renee got from other parents complaining that Bella would leave their kids hiding for an hour while playing hide-and-seek were getting to be too much. At one point Renee thought her daughter inherited her carefree side from herself but quickly realized that Bella wasn't just carefree; she was unruly.

Finally, their daughter's antics and behavior was too much for the young couple who had made the decision to rid themselves of her. The pair bought two round trip tickets and one single trip ticket to Italy. In their guilt of what they were about to do, they thought they would spend one last week with their daughter on a nice vacation; and a way to celebrate the girl's sixth birthday.

To Renee and Charlie's surprise, Bella had been well behaved the whole week. Although that made them re-evaluate their decision, they still planned to go through with it. Now on the day before their flight back, the couple took a stroll through the streets of Volterra where they knew there would be a large gathering; the same place they would part with their daughter.

While Bella hadn't the slightest clue why they were walking with her suitcase, she did have a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach that she could not explain. She chalked that up to be a tummy ache but refused to complain about it. The trio walked until they reached a large round fountain surrounded by the oddly dressed crowd.

"Mommy? Why are all those people wearing red?", young Bella asked

"I'm not sure Bella", Renee answered, "Maybe it's some type of parade or tradition?"

Charlie shrugged his shoulder with a noncommittal grunt. He then told Bella to sit on the cement around the fountain. Bella did as told and didn't miss the looks passing between her parents. Her mother put the small purple suitcase next to her daughter, telling her not to let go of it.

"Listen Bella", Charlie started nervously, "You're mother and I need to leave okay? This will be your new home now."

"W-what? My new home? Where?", Bella asked

"Uhm..here. Don't follow us okay. Goodbye sweetheart."

Charlie and Renee started walking away from their only child, guilt written all over their faces. Bella caught up though and tugged on her father's hand, making him flinch.