Heather

(Songfic + angst) (note:I HIGHLY recommend listening the song while reading this😽😽.)

SIDE NOTE:This will include Kaimaki! If thats a trigger/discomfort for you feel free to skip this one!

I still remember, 3rd of December, me in your sweater.

It was 12pm,I was sitting next to Kaito on the rail of the balcony in the house we share. Of course,Kaito was kind of against it since it was "Dangerous" And you could fall any second, but I was able to convince him to sit with me. The wind swaying by, I started to shiver.

"Do you want my jacket?You seem cold."

I blushed and nodded,Kaito handed me the jacket and I put it on.

You said it looked better on me then it did you

Kaito giggled "You look way better then I could ever look in it, Purple fits you surprising well, it brings out your eyes."

I was trying not to blush even more but that failed, and I looked like a whole tomato.

Only if you knew, how much I liked you.

I had a huge crush on Kaito, for 2 years, I never fully understood why I liked kaito so much, then again, how couldn't I. After all, he was the person J had been closest to pretty much my whole life, 13 years to be exact.

But I watch your eyes as she walks by, brighter then the blue sky.

That's when, the girl I loved, and hated at the same time, HAD to come and RUIN the moment. (I wrote this line at 3am, why tf did I decide to make it sound so dark😃?)

"Hey Kaito, hey Shuichi, I was wondering if you wanted to go Christmas shopping with me." A familiar voice shouted from down below. Maki. I don't know what to think of her, she isn't a bad person but she was in love with Kaito as well. Kaitos face lit up "Of course I'll go! How about you Shuichi?"

"I-I'll go" I was was barely even to make out those words, I didn't want ANYTHING to do with Maki, but I decided to go to spend time with Kaito.

She's got you mesmerized, while I die.

"Can I have my jacket back?"

"O-oh of course." I hated giving it back, knowing it would only end up in Makis hands. Kaito started to head down stairs, I hesitated for a second then followed.

Why would you ever kiss me, I'm not even HALF as pretty

When I got out to the drive way, Kaito and Maki were already having a conversation,that's when I realized. Kaito would never love me,I know he likes Maki and Maki likes him, it will always be like that and their was nothing I can do about it. In the back of my mind, I know he would be so much happier with Maki, but that doesn't stop me from wanting Kaito.

You gave her your sweater, it's just polyester, but you like her better.

"Are you cold Maki roll?You can borrow my jacket if you'd like."

Maki blushed and took it, not making eye contact with Kaito after putting it on. I was on the verge of tears. We started waking over to the mall, it wasn't the long of a walk maybe about 10 minutes.

Wish I We're Heather

At the end of the day, I can want to be with Kaito all I want, but it will always be just a dream. I don't fully understand whats so interesting about Maki, but what ever it is I want it,I want to be the one that's most important to Kaito, not just a background character.

Wish I we're Maki.

Hey you beautiful bitch😏😏 Make sure you drink water today and eat! I love you so much and I hope you have a great rest of your day/night.:) -Dawn