Chapter 13: I don't think I like him/her anymore

9 days later...

Lily and her friends panted as they walked. "I hope everyone is okay back in New York," Lily said looking at the ground. "I'm sure they're fine. But I think we should take a break." Daisy said looking back at Lily. Daisy was in the front, Lily was behind her, and Pluto and Aspen were both together behind Lily. Pluto looked up with a tired face and agreed, "Yeah, my legs need a rest," Aspen whined and collapsed on the ground dramatically saying, "Mine, too!" Lily looked back at her with an annoyed but tired face. "K, we can take a short break," she said. "Lily, we're gonna need a night long break. It's sunset and I know the perfect spot to go. Follow me." Daisy said leading them again. "Isn't that what we've been doing?" Lily snapped annoyed as she followed again.

A few minutes later...

They stopped at a sandy beach with crystally blue water. The sun was setting slowly behind the water. "A beach?" Lily raised an eyebrow. "Mhm. Now you guys can go explore for a while if you want." Daisy told them. "I'm stayin' here," Aspen said laying down on the warm sand. "Hey, Pluto? Race ya to that tide pool over there." Lily said. "K, you're on!" Pluto said running to the tide pool.

Lily looked at a starfish in the tide pool and said, "Huh, you'd never catch Mia dead here. She hates the beach." "How could anyone hate the beach?" Pluto asked looking down at Lily.

A/N: I do, lol

Lily shrugged and then walked to the beach with Pluto. She yawned as she watched the sunset. Daisy was digging in the sand when she looked up and saw them. She smiled a bit and then continued to dig. "Hey, Lily?" Pluto said looking at Lily. "Yeah?" She asked looking at him. "Do you think..." Pluto started and then just shook it off and said, "Nevermind. So how are things between you and Brody?" "Oh, uh... well... good... I mean... ugh, I don't know. I think we're starting to grow apart. I mean, I did like him at first when I was a pup. But now... things are so different. We're in a decent relationship but we don't pay much attention to it and I don't think we're in a happy one. But I'm still his girlfriend and I'm pretty sure we're just messing around for the cameras. But I don't know..." Lily said truthfully. "Yeah..." Pluto said. Then he broke the silence and said, "You know the first time I met you, I wasn't the BEST pup to hang out with-" "Pfft, yeah, that's an understatement," Lily said chuckling. "But I'm trying. In fact, I'm not even stealing food anymore. I just use my cuteness and people give stuff to me." Pluto smiled. Lily looked at him confused. "I... don't think that's how it works. Haven't you ever thought about just getting a job?" Lily asked. "A JOB?!? Ha, now I know you're out of your tree." Pluto said licking his paw. Lily rolled her eyes and laid on the sand. Then she suddenly said, "I'm gonna need a serious pawdicure when I get home," Pluto chuckled and laid down on the sand next to Lily.

At Tiny's house...

Brody was sitting in his room next to his windowsill looking out the window. Cassy was below his window and she waved to him. He smiled and waved back. Charlie came up and said with a smirk, "Sightseeing?" "AH!!" Brody freaked falling off his windowsill. He got up quickly and said looking at Charlie, "N-no, I was just- umm, ugh..." Charlie stood there in confusion and rolled her eyes and said, "Dinner's ready. And what were you doing?" Brody sighed and said, "I don't know... Things are changing in my life so much. I mean, I know I'm with Lily but something in me is telling me that I like... someone else." He looked out the window again when he said "someone else". Charlie stood there in confusion. "And I also feel like... I don't know, like she doesn't like me that much anymore... And I gotta be honest... I don't know if I like her anymore. Not in a hating way, I still like hanging out with her but I'm pretty sure we both think of each other... as just friends." Brody managed to get out. Charlie sighed and walked over to him. She put her paw on his shoulder and said, "Bro..?" "Hm?" He looked at her with a sad expression. "I never really liked you and Lily together," she told him. He glared at her. "I'm just sayin'! I mean, think of the ship names. It'd be Lody or Bily. Awful, right?" Charlie joked a little. He chuckled a little and looked down. Charlie laughed a little.

Thanks for reading! Thanks y'all for staying with me during the slow updates. Love you guys and gave an awesome day.