Chapter 5 ~ The Dinner

I sit in front of my vanity mirror in a bathrobe. I sit in front of my mirror and braid my hair and then straighten and then curl my hair. Anything to pass the time by. This is what it looks like when it is done. 

I still sit in front of my vanity table, trying to figure out how to wear my makeup

I still sit in front of my vanity table, trying to figure out how to wear my makeup. This is what I decide.

Then I walk into my walk-in closet and try to pick out a dress for tonight

Then I walk into my walk-in closet and try to pick out a dress for tonight. I pick out a pale pink dress that is off-the-shoulder but has shoulder straps. The middle you can see my skin and the bottom has floral designs and is mermaid style. Really pretty, huh?

Then I go to pick out some shoes from the rack in my closet

Then I go to pick out some shoes from the rack in my closet. I picked out pale pink heels with beautiful straps.

After I put my heels on, I walk down the stairs and down into the foyer

"Is that you, Everliegh?" my Mother asks. 

"Yes, it is me, Mom," I call back. 

"Are you ready to go?" she asks before she turns the corner. "Oh my gosh! You look so beautiful, Everleigh." 

"And you look beautiful too, Mom," I say. I kiss her cheeks. "We should get going. We don't wanna hold anyone up for too long." 

"No, we wouldn't want to do that, would we?" she asked, mainly to herself. 

We get into our car and the driver pulls off. "We are going to the Gambino Home, Mrs. Colombo?" the driver asks. 

"Yes, we are," my Dad says. 

I am still pretty mad at my Dad for what Colton said. When I asked him about it, he confessed that it was true. He said they needed the money for when they give the gang to my brother within the next year. I told him that was no way to treat your own flesh and blood. He told me there were worse people out there in this world. At that moment, I wasn't sure what to believe. But I guess I can believe it. Colton's family is one of those people. 

When we pull up to the Gambino house, I let out a gasp. The house is huge! It is even bigger than our house! We lived in a mansion but I wasn't sure if there were any houses bigger than mine. But this house looked like a castle!

The driver parks the car in the long driveway and gets out and opens the door for us. We get out of the car and head over to the front door. My Father raises the knocker on the door. We wait for a few seconds and then Mr. Gambino, Colton's Father, opens the door. 

"Welcome, we have been waiting for your arrival," he said.

"Sorry, we would've been here earlier, but the girls insisted on not being to under dressed," my Dad says. 

"Oh, you two could never be under dressed. Come on in, guys," he says. 

When we walk into the door, we are greeted by a greatly furnished living room. The room is huge! It has two chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. They look like diamond teardrops hanging from the ceiling. The couches looked soft and comfy and so did the chair. Everything in this room looked elegant and unique. "Wow! This room is pretty!" I finally say. 

"Oh. If you think this room is pretty, wait until this house is yours!" he beams. 

"M-mine?" I stutter, 

"Yes, yours. This is Colton's house. And you are my future daughter-in-law. Am I correct?" He asks. 

"Yeah, I guess," I finally say. 

He leads us to the kitchen and that is when I spot Colton in the corner talking to some of the servants. He walks my way and shows me to the ballroom. 

"The ballroom is where we will be eating tonight," He says. "I wanted to let you know, that if you mess this up for me your friends and family go bye-bye. Okay?" 

I shiver. What would he do with them? "Okay, I promise." 

"Okay." He leads me into the ballroom. All eyes fall on us. He leads me over to a few people I know. Many ask us when we got together. Many asked us when we fell in love. And many asked if we were gonna get married and start a family. Many complemented us on how cute of a couple we make. When one of the ladies asked me all of this I replied...

"Yes, me and Colton have been together secretly for the past two years. We wanted to keep it a secret. Tonight is the night we have decided to come out. Yes, I hope one day he asks me to marry him and start a family with him. And yes, I am madly in love with him." 

Colton grabs my elbow again and gracefully leads us around the room. "I think it is about time we get this announcement over. Everybody is waiting for it." 

He gets down on one knee and everybody knew. "Everliegh. I have been your boyfriend for the past two years. I am madly in love with you and want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you make me the happiest man on Earth and marry me?" He asks. 

"Y-yes." I whisper. I hold out my hand. 

Everybody cheers.