Chapter 59

To everyone that hit that little "star" icon at the bottom of the page... thanks for the vote!

CHAPTER 59

11 days ago...

Bound for California, Jordan and Tracy sat together in a chartered bus. It was understood that no one could know where they were going. Bus travel was the least conspicuous way for them to do this and they avoided any possible tracking devices like network cell phones.  They also blocked their mind links. Jordan had bought a prepaid cell phone that would allow him to contact his mate.

"So California huh?" Jordan said.

"Not quite. We're getting off near Denver."

"What's there?"

"A rental car." Tracy said vaguely.

"You still won't tell me where we're going?"

"Not yet." She said, looking through her window.

They sat in silence for a while before the bus rolled into a buffet restaurant for dinner. Jordan and Tracy got their food and took a seat at a small table that was away from the other passengers.

"What was that book you got in the mail?" Jordan asked, nodding at the satchel on the back of her chair. 

"It's the Journal of Mohammed the Wizard.  It's said to contain the location of Ivory White's prison."

"I thought that was a myth."

"Apparently not. There are a bunch of bad guys trying to find it."

"What's it say?"

"I have no idea. It's written in a language I've never seen before with strange symbols and script. I'll have to talk to Isiah and Gideon about it when we get back." Tracy said, resuming her meal.

"If a bunch of bad guys are looking for it, then shouldn't it be locked away in a Safe?"

"Where I go It goes. Besides, I haven't had a chance to gather any more information from it."

"I thought you couldn't read it."

"My powers allow me to see visions of an items past.  By coming in contact with this book I get clues of it history through visions."

"ATTENTION!" The bus driver's loud voice boomed across the dining room drawing the focus of all its patrons. "The bus for California will be leaving in 10 minutes."

Twenty minutes later they were on the highway. Most of the passengers had reclined their seats and were napping. Two exhausted parents attempted to quiet a crying baby.

"Who brings a baby on a bus?" Asked a woman in her late 20s, to her friend.

"God I'm so glad I don't have kids. They ruin your life." Replied the other woman.

Jordan stood up and walked towards the crying child. He leaned down and talked with the parents. A few minutes later, Jordan walked back to his seat carrying the infant in his arms.

"Ugh!" The bitch in front of them complained. "Don't bring that 'thing' back here."

"If you don't like it, there's the road.  Feel free to jump out." Jordan said calmly, rocking the child in his arms. Glaring menacingly at them, he had silenced any further protest. "It's not like y'all have anyone that actually needs you anyway."

Tracy smirked. "That was kinda mean."

"They're entitled to their dumb ass opinions, my black ass is entitled to mine. What are they going to do in 20 years when their things are all dried up and no one wants their selfish asses. They won't even have a child that'll come visit."