Chapter 1. The start.

I felt a sharp rock dig into my dirty cold feet, a sharp gasp echoed through the night. Stars littered throughout the pitch-black sky. 'Don't make a sound' i told myself as I hurried to get to somewhere safe, the air was heavy... I was tired... I just want mum and dad...

•~~~~~•

{Archies Pov.}

A cold breeze blew through a small crack between the glass sliding doors, the breeze brushed passed a faded photo of a small but happy family that hung on the yellow tinted wall. An old crib sat in the middle of the room, Dusty grey carpet lined the floor, a roughly made king-sized bed sat next to the only window in the room.

'It isn't much, but it is home...' i told myself, looking down at the child, who is fast asleep in my lap.

It has been roughly 5 weeks since the virus started spreading, adults have dubbed it 'Yūdokuna Hana' or 'Toxic Flower' because of its origin At first the virus only spread to plants, killing off food sources for animals and humans, then when people found out how to contain the virus... It mutated. Quietly it spread, it wasn't that bad at first, it was just like a cold. Slowly it evolved... Dead bodies everywhere... The husks of humans roamed the streets... It all happened so fast, no one could have prevented it., we were all doomed the moment the virus evolved...

I sigh and wrap my skinny arms around the sleeping child, trying to keep him warm... 'I will keep you safe... I promise.... even if I have to risk my life...' The darkness set in, my eyelids felt heavy, it was a cold and dark night but I felt safe...

•~~~~~•

Okay, that was it for now!
I hope you enjoyed the first actual chapter. I'm sorry it's short, I don't have any ideas, yet.
Bye!

322 words