- twenty one .

There was a lingering awkward silence as the car zipped past a lot of crumbling buildings that were getting swallowed by the ground, nature claiming the materials.

Raindrops fell gently onto Sean's head, as his window was open. They were at a random city they didn't recognize.

"Looks like the storm cleared up a little." Honey hums from the passenger side. Her eyes were puffy from
her crying but she still managed to look the cutest.

"Yeah." Sean replies quietly. He wished with all his might to magically time travel back to a few hours ago, he'd take back the words he said to Honey. He just wanted to dream and zone out, as he felt horrible for it.

Honey sighs. She turns to look out the closed window.

Maybe it's me making it awkward? He looks at Honey from the corner of his eye, he spots her hair in messy curls around her head. Maybe I shouldn't of-

"We need to talk." Honey shifts on her chair. "The silence is killing me."

Sean smiles shyly. "What do we talk about?"

"Hmm, I don't know." Honey pauses for a second to think. "Isn't it cool to see everything like this?"

The light illuminates the dark empty buildings, devoid of any life. Weeds cracked through the cement.

"It's so cool." Sean nods. He appreciated Honey's attempt to strike conversation, but the flame was dead a long time ago.

"It makes you feel so alone." Honey says quietly. She pushes her long bangs out of her face and notices her tattoo peeking from the long-sleeved shirt she wore.

She pulls up her sleeve to expose the tattoo and smiles.

"If you're the big bad wolf, why aren't you gobbling me up yet?" Honey avoids looking at Sean, instead tracing the outlines of the tattoo. It felt so delicate.

"We wolves don't like human meat." Sean makes a disgusted sound. "Especially from little ones like you."

Honey laughs a breathy laugh, shaking her head. "Maybe I should just eat you."

She turns to Sean, who's eyes were carefully taking in the road views, avoiding the cracks in the cement.

Honey hums. "Your hair could be spaghetti." She carefully grabs a strand of Sean's hair and gently pulls it. "Or noodles. Yum."

Sean smiles. Maybe he hasn't totally fucked up their friendship, and he felt relieved.

Honey sits properly and grabs her bag. She brings out a water bottle and a book.

"I noticed you never finished the book." Honey sighs and flips to the last page.

From the corner of his eye, Sean could tell she was holding that Life is Strange book, the white abstract book cover sticking out in the dark.

"How do you imagine Max?" Honey asks softly, looking at the cover of the book. "For some reason I can't imagine her like her drawing." She sighs.