Chapter 20. The Chamber of Secrets Open ☾

A/N: The characters are not ours. They are JK's.

It was in the common room later the night of the "Mudblood Incident" that Draco had a thought occur to him.

"Was I really that important that they had to invent another me?" He asked his friends. Hermione looked thoughtful for a moment.

"Yes." She replied after several seconds of contemplation. Harry nodded in agreement.

"If it weren't for you, we wouldn't have found out about Fluffy. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't have gotten onto the Quidditch team. Without you, we would not have needed Polyjuice this year. Without you, we wouldn't have needed to save Buckbeak..." Harry listed.

"Ugh, that bird!" Draco moaned in remembrance.

"You were the reason the Death Eaters made it into Hogwarts and Dumbledore was killed. You were the reason that Professor Snape lost his life..." Hermione continued.

"Hey! Don't pin Uncle Sev's death on me!" Draco butted in defiantly. Hermione shrugged.

"It's the truth. Voldemort killed Professor Snape because he thought the Professor was the one to destroy Dumbledore. In reality, you were the true master of the Elder wand until Harry disarmed you." Hermione stated matter-of-factly. Draco sighed.

"Well, this time my life won't be on the line, so Professor Snape will have no reason to kill Dumbledore. Therefore, the Dark Lord should have no reason to think Uncle Sev was the master of the Elder wand." Draco reasoned.

"Exactly," Harry said. "That's why we came back in time." There was silence for a moment before Hermione switched gears.

"So, Harry, do we really have to go to Nearly-Headless Nick's death day party?" she wondered. Harry shook his head.

"I don't see why. We've seen what it was like, we know it's no fun, and we don't need to be out and about to find out about the Chamber." Harry listed reasonably.

"Besides, didn't the Potters die on Halloween?" Draco asked. "Maybe we should hold a Remembrance Day for them."

"I like that!" Harry stated excitedly. "We could send Remus a letter asking for stories about my mum and dad!" Draco nodded.

"Yeah, we could go to the feast to begin the celebration. Then, we could continue on to the common room and read stories about them! I'll ask Uncle Sev to write down a couple stories about your mum, as well!" Draco added.

It was finally the big day. Draco had pleaded with Severus to give him a few good stories of Lily, and the man had agreed. Armed with several parchments full of stories of Harry's mum before Hogwarts, Draco headed to the Come and Go room to get ready for the party. Hermione had nabbed several bottles of butterbeer and had decorated the Come and Go room in accordance with the occasion.

Harry had sent Remus a letter asking for a few stories about the Potters. Apparently, he could do one better and had told Harry he would be there. Harry was more than excited to know that one of his father's best friend would be there to celebrate his parents' lives with them.

"I can't wait! Only a few more hours!" Hermione cheered as she placed the finishing touches on the room. Draco rolled his eyes.

"I'm sure Harry feels the same. He only lost his parents on this day." Draco drawled as he placed the scrolls over to one side. Hermione had asked Remus for a picture of the Potters' living room circa 1980. He had delivered with a bunch of pictures of Harry, James, and Lily seated in the living room on several different occasions. She had then wished for the Potter living room, placing several pictures at the forefront of her mind as she passed by several times.