𝐜𝐮𝐞 𝟏

❝ 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭. ❞

↘︎ " everything is alright " by motion city soundtrack

♦︎ ♦︎♦︎

❝ 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 ❞

♦︎ ♦︎♦︎

The band was spread across a few tables as they waited for the final production practice to start. A few of them chatted with one another while others sat staring at their phones, at least three were still nursing cups of coffee. Everyone seem excited about getting back on tour, though the crew seemed more stressed than anything else. They were rushing around making sure that everything was in place and prepared for the final practice before it was packed onto trucks and sent off to the first city.

About half of the crew were new hires, some had been direct recommendations from the people that they had replaced while the rest had been selected from interviews and applications. One of the crew members that they had hired based on a recommendation was their new lighting designer. Matthew Coleman had been recommended by their old touring lighting designer, it had taken a bit of effort to organize a meeting and interview since Matthew had been on tour with another band. But after the first interview it was almost a done deal. Despite being relatively young Matt was already an accomplished designer who had toured with several mainstream and popular bands.

Currently, Matthew was hunched over the board as he tapped the screen and fiddled with dimmers putting some last minute edits on the cues needed for today's rehearsal. The band shuffled towards the stage, grabbing instruments and in-ears as they went.

❝ where's jay? ❞

The question came from Jim, directed towards the bands as a whole. All of them looked around the mock-stage to see where exactly their drummer was hiding. 

❝ over there. ❞

Clown was the one who answered the question, pointing a finger to where their front of house was set up. Jay was standing there right next to their new lighting designer, the two of them looked like they were having a friendly chat with Jay laughing every so often. How the two of them knew each other was beyond them, to their knowledge Jay and Matt had only met three days ago but here they were like they had know each other for years. They stopped staring when Matt poked Jay's side and motion towards the stage causing the drummer to duck his head and run towards the stage. Only Corey seemed to pay mind to his burning ears, Alessandro gave Jay a shit-eating grin which only caused the drummer to throw a snarky comment at the bassist.