°Introduction°

~ Writer's POV ~

As teenagers, we don't always feel a hundred percent secure about every aspect of our lives. It's either our bodies, relationships, intellect, or fitting in.

Especially in today's world of Instagram and social media, we tend to compare ourselves to the people we see. Then we become obsessive and pressured to attain 'perfection', which we all know doesn't actually exist.

We become obsessed about using the most expensive phones, following the latest fashion trend, having the most followers on social media, listening to the best music or having the best relationships.

As a result, we can be left feeling inadequate and insecure, most times leading to poor self esteem and low confidence.

We fail to remember that the mind has a powerful force, and that we have the ability to change our outlook and beautifully embrace our imperfections, because they're what makes us unique.

And when we look back, we realize that we don't even know who we are. We don't know our purpose or what we stand for. All because we let our lives be dictated by the masses. All our life's decisions are made under peer pressure, even our choice of clothing is not good enough if it's not the latest trend.

This leaves us filled with regrets. Teenage hood is a stage in life that determines how the rest of our lives will turn out. It is also the stage where we have numerous insecurities.

We can overcome these insecurities if we live our lives the way we really want it to be and do what we want, not because someone else is doing it, but because we made the choice to do so.

We should learn to embrace our imperfections, practice self love and compassion and accept who we are and what makes us unique.

OUR INSECURITIES cuts across the lives of six teenagers as they journey through their last year in Emerald high school. Join them in this journey filled with love, betrayal, self discovery, acceptance and loads of drama.

*******
A/N : phew!

What do you think?😁😁

I just poured my mind into this and that's what I'll be doing in the rest of the story.

I feel this applies to everyone of us as teenagers. I hope you enjoy the rest of the story

Ife & Omah😘😘😘