•2•

That's Ruby up there☝️☝️ 😊.

~🌹RUBY🌹~

I really do not know how to explain how my whole life had been like. It had been extra, fun, boring and sometimes... I just wanted to sit alone and think about a lot of things, but trust my best friend to always interrupt and drag me into any conversation or anything she was doing. She was an all-rounder. She was everywhere and everyone liked her.

Sometimes, I got this feeling like she was the boss of me. At least people say it, and sometimes, I felt like it was true. Not that she was controlling me, that was just how she was.

or that was how we were meant to be....

Jasmine always found a way to involve me in everything related to her, one way or the other. But she was really nice and cool. I loved her just the way she was.

I kept looking down at the paper where Jared had just written his e-mail and phone number. He had a nice writing though. I just wondered why he was so distant and cold towards everyone. I had never seen him being vibrant at all. Even Jasmine, who was his 'supposed' twin barely knew what his problem was. Obviously, they did not get along.

Still looking down at the paper as I walked on, I suddenly bumped into someone.

"Oh sorry," he said and picked up the already rumpled paper where Jared had written his name. I just hoped the paper would not get missing because I really did not want to go back to Jared and ask him for it again. I knew the distance I ran before I could get it from him.

I also didn't want him to feel like I was disturbing him. I'd never really talked to him because of how girls talked about how cold he always was towards them. Still, they swooned over him. I would not lie but he was attractive to the core. His eyes always did the magic.

"Hi, Deji," I greeted back.

That boy was always around me. I could not get why but I really hoped he was not falling for me or something because I was going to give him a turn down. Even though he was loud and handsome, athletic and all that, and just...a lot of stuff, I still did not want to be seen around him. But, sometimes I really had no choice, since he was the head boy and I was the head girl. We just had to be together, doing head prefect stuff.

Girls liked him too but not as much as Jared and Kingsley, who was Jasmine's boyfriend. That girl just had so many attractive boys surrounding her. Kingsley was like, the number one handsome boy in the whole of Emerald high school and she had him all to herself.

"So I was going to ask for your e-mail address and phone number. I don't have another paper right now so can you send it to me before lunch break so I can send you your timetable and stuff." I said.

"Sure ,headgirl," he said, with a wink.

Hugh! please stop looking at me that way...

"Yeah. I have to go now, later!" With that, I walked away. I knew he still had his eyes on me. I could literally feel his gaze drilling into my back. He could just walk downstairs and have all the girls staring at him instead of looking at me. He was not even going to enjoy my vibe.

"Deuces!" Jasmine suddenly appeared in front of me, wriggling her fingers in my face. I quickly pulled her into a hug. I had missed her, would not lie.

She had been out of the country throughout the holidays, so we could not hang out as usual and Mom was being over protective. I guess the reason was because I'm her only baby but still I wanted her to have another baby with dad.