Chapter 3 An almost good day.

It was Saturday and it meant one thing, no school and no training.

This is going to be a good day.

Or so I thought.

I went outside my room, knowing not to expect Alpha Xavier to be home this early, since he usually goes out for a run on weekends.

I was looking around my phone that I have left somewhere in the living room.

“Looking for this?” a voice said behind me.

I let out a small shriek, my feet getting caught around the table’s leg causing me to trip backwards.

He caught me easily, his hands curling around my elbows “Easy, love” he said looking down on me

I stumbled away from his chest, skin tingling from his touch, he looked freshly showered “Y-you’re back early” I said trying to steady the crazy beating of my heart.

“Its 11” he said with a slight chuckle

I groaned “Ugh, I actually thought I woke up early this time” I said grabbing my phone from his hands careful to not let our hands touch.

I had tons of texts from Raven asking me if we could pretend to finish our science project together and a couple from my mom.

Whilst on the shower, I can smell him cooking something on the kitchen, my stomach grumbled and I hurried to grab something to eat.

“Are you going to go out today?” I asked him hopefully

He shook his head placing a plate in front of me “No, why?”

I was crestfallen my Saturday plans going out the window.

“Nothing” I said giving him a weak smile

He raised his eyebrows at me “Do you want me to go away?” he asked, his tone teasing.

“No, no- it’s not that” I whispered shuffling food on my mouth. I tried to avoid his eyes.

“Tell me” he ordered in a straight voice, his back straightening.

I sighed embarrassment coloring my face, “I was planning to clean today” I told him looking down at my feet.

“Why?” he asked sounding confused, the house was spotless on the surface but-

“Her scent, it’s all over the place, it aggravates my wolf” I explained trying to make this conversation end quickly.

Realization dawned on his face.
“I see, I’m sorry for that I did not realize- “he started speaking slow as if he was also looking for words

I quickly cut him off “No, it’s-never mind” I said reassuringly nodding slightly

“We’ll clean, today” he said after a few moments of awkward silences.

“Are you sure?” I asked him.

If we clean her scent off his house, by wolf rules, we’re technically removing her claim to his house as her territory.

For a second he looked wistful his mouth opening to form words that he cannot say finally, he nodded, “Yes, I’m sure” he said.

And for the first time in a really long time, I felt my wolf stirred inside of me, for a moment hope bloomed in my chest.

I searched around my mind, but she was already gone.

After eating, he took the cleaning utensils out from the storage room.

“Here” he said handing me a cleaning rag while he took the mop, starting at the kitchen, I tried to wipe down with bleach any surface that Jenna might have touched during her stay here.