03| shortlisted

The busy street bustled with the hoards of traffic, little cake and flower shops lined up the street right in front of a huge building, made of glass. Three girls stood outside. 

"Please, we really shouldn't be doing this," one of them whispered, her big doe eyes opened wide.

"Uhm, Alisha, are we sure we wanna do this?" the girl with the long, wavy hair said, rubbing her forearms as if it were cold.

"Shut up, losers. If you're gonna chicken out you can take your asses back home." the girl with the curly hair said.

"Well that settles it then," the wavy girl said turning to the girl who was frightened, "Let's get out 'asses' out of here, Zoya, before she gets arrested." 

The both of them turned around to leave.

"Are you for real? What kinda friends are you?? Zoya, Elodie, come back." Alisha whisper yelled. 

"Oh so now we're your friends?" Elodie asked.

"Aly, what you're trying to do is cheating, it's not-" Zoya said.

"Okay firstly. Who the fuck is Aly? My name is Alisha and you best stick to that. I loathe nicknames. Second, come on y'all it's not that big of a deal. It's not cheating."

"Putting your name into the candidate list, that you didn't get selected for is not cheating?" Elodie asked.

"Well, when you put it like that..."

" It's cheating any way Alisha!" Elodie half-yelled.

"Okay, fine. I'll just go in and confront them." Alisha said.

"I really did not mean that I-okay- you're going in-"  Elodie said as she watched Alisha walk into the tower.

"Should we be following her?" Zoya asked.

"Unfortunately. Yes." Elodie replied. 

They rushed in after her.

"You guys!! I want to see the HR right fucking now!" Alisha roared.

Zoya and Elodie winced.

"This is going to be painful to watch." Zoya said

A couple if people rushed out, "Ma'am, please be quiet, keep your voice low."

Suddenly Alisha was deadly silent. 

"Fine. Take me to your CEO." she said, calmly. 

"She's lost it," Elodie whispered. 

"Ma'am I'm afraid that's not possible, if you have any complaints-"

"What's going on here?" A girl said.

Everyone turned to look at her. She wore a sponge bob graphic t-shirt and an unzipped leather jacket on top. Next to her was a woman wearing a black fitted sweater with flared jeans and a wine red hijab. 

"Miss Ava, there's a madwoman-" the security started. 

"Excuse me? I'm right here!" Alisha snarled at the security.

"Who might you be?" Ava asked.

"Who are you?" Alisha asked back.

"I'm Avanitha, founder and CEO of this company," she said, "Your turn."

"I'm Alisha."

"What brings you here Alisha?"

"I sent in my application to be graphic designer for your company, but your company never reverted back. And I come here today to see there's a list of candidates already. Your company never wrote back, and that's highly unprofessional."

Ava panicked. But she smiled on the outside.

"Apologies. We'll just check if you have been selected and get you a letter personally." Ava said.

"Joy!" she called to the uninterested girl on her phone in the corner.

She rolled her eyes and muttered something like "Jodie." under her breath before coming up to Ava and smiling a wide, forced smile.

"Yes, ma'am?" Joy said.

" Bring the file for the shortlisted candidates." Ava said.

"What the fuck is happening?" Elodie whispered to Zoya, standing in the corner, her eyes wide.

"Just roll with it," Zoya said through a smile.

Jodie brought out the folder and handed it to Ava.

Ava read the list and smiled.

She looked up to Alisha.

"Congratulations. You've been shortlisted." 

*

oml this chapter sucked.

guess who alisha, zoya and elodie are <3

more characters on the way