Chapter 52

October 28 2018
Thursday

John POV
"Hey~ You know what today is right?" Alex asks leaning over me as I slowly wake up. "No?" I say turning to face him. He kisses me gently.

"Happy birthday baby." he says quietly. I smile and kiss him again, "It's my birthday? I wasn't aware." I say, he laughs shoving me playfully.

I sit up and pull him into a hug, "Thank you, Alexander." I say. "Too bad we have school today, I would have loved to stay home all day and have fun." he says smirking as I blush. "Well we have exams next week and graduation the week after so we have to go."

We get up and he makes me pancakes for breakfast. Did I mention how good he is at cooking? "So what's the plan for tonight? You going to your dad's or are we going out?" he asks, I hug him from behind and kiss his neck. "My birthday not my dad's." I say. He kisses me on the cheek and we finish our food.

We get dressed and head out for school. "John! Happy birthday bro." Herc says as we enter. "Happy birthday!" Peggy says running up to me and hugging me, "20 years old, congratulations for living that long." Angelica says sarcastically and I glare.

"Happy birthday mon ami." Laf says patting me on the back. Eliza hugs me as well and we split for our classes.

"John!" Washington calls my name from down the hall, I head in his direction. "Happy birthday! You're 20 today right?" he asks, I nod. "Happy birthday, John." I smile, "Thanks Mr Washington." "Please, call me George, and tell Alex I need to talk with him after school." he says, "Will do." I reply and head off to my first period.

~time skip~

Classes have been coming out super late now because we have so much work. It's 4:20 now and I'm sitting in Laf and Hercs dorm with the group minus Alex who's with Washington.

"When are you gonna open the presents!" Peggy whines sitting on the floor, I'm on the couch with Angie and Lafayette and Hercules is in the kitchen. "When Alex is done." I reply and she groans.

He's been with Washington for about twenty minutes. I have no clue if it's a casual chat, a serious chat or something else but I'm nervous his mood will change. The door opens and he walks in. He doesn't look angry or upset so I assume he's fine.

Laf gets off the couch and Angie moves up for Alex to sit down next to me. He sits down quietly and stares at the floor. Now I'm scared. He starts fiddling with the bracelet I got him last year as a late Christmas present, I've come to realize that he's never taken it off.

"Hey, are you alright?" I ask conserned. He stays quiet for a moment. "Washington is quitting after we graduate." he says. We all look at him wide eyes. "Wait what?" Peggy asks startled.

He nods his head. "He says he got offered this big position at a big company and he's taking it." we all look away from him, "Wow..." Angie says quietly.

"Sorry, John. It's your birthday I shouldn't be-" I cut him off with a kiss, "Sometimes you talk too much." he blushes and looks away. I smile.

"Open them!" Peggy yells almost throwing one of the boxes at me. "Okay!" I say taking it from her. It's from Hercules. It's a big set of paints with loads of different colours.

"Oh my God these are beautiful." I say looking at them. "You should consider selling your art." Angie says pulling out a sketch from my bag. I pull my bag away so she doesn't pull anything else out.

"Mine next!" Laf says handing me a thin box. "I figured you might need it." he adds as I open it. It's two plain tickets to Amsterdam leaving on the 16th of November. "I'm confused." I say. "Well, for starters, your one year is on the 18th and also it's like a holiday after graduation." he says.

"Oh wow." I say, he nods, "Thanks Laf." "No problem mon ami, you deserve it. You both do." he says and I hug him.

"Okay, ours next." Eliza says handing me a big box. "I just want to say, I'm sorry Alexander." Angie says before I open it. Alex looks at her scared for what's in the box. I open it and gasp.

It's another tortoise. Alex looks at the sisters angrily, "Are you fucking kidding me?!" he yells. "He already gives the other one more attention then me and now you're giving him another one?!"

"Oi! The other one has a name and it's Sheldon." I say and he looks at me like he's about to slap me. "Chill dude." Herc says, he drops his face into his hands. "What are you gonna name it?" Laf asks. I look at the sisters.

"Is it a girl or a boy?" I ask, "It's a girl." Peggy replies. I think for a moment, "How about Alexa, for Alexander?" I ask, I can see the blush on Alexander's cheeks even though he's covering his face. "I think that's adorable." Eliza says and the rest of them nod in agreement.

I put the box down and pull Alexander onto my lap, he avoids eye contact with me, still blushing hard. "What did you get him Alex?" Peggy asks, "I'm paying for dinner." he replies and I laugh. "You get him anything else?" Eliza asks smirking, "Of course I did. He's just getting it later."

I kiss him on the cheek and he goes back to blushing, don't know why. "Speaking of dinner." I say checking the time. "We should get going if we want to make our reservations." he gets up and I get up too.

I pick up the tortoise and Alex grabs the paints and the plain tickets and we head out. We get into the car and start driving back to our apartment. "We have like an hour before we need to go... You wanna...?" I ask, he shakes his head. "No, we do that after we get back." he says and I laugh.

We get into our apartment and I put Alexa in the tank with Sheldon. I hope they get along. I walk back into our bedroom, Alex is shirtless and I literally had to resist the urge to pin him to the bed.

"You taken your medicine yet?" I ask picking the prescription bottle up off the nightstand, "Not yet." he says putting on another shirt. I hand it to him and he takes one. "I'm so glad that stuff is actually working." I say as he takes the other one. "Yeah, I had never felt relaxed until I started taking these."

I kiss him gently. "I love you so much." I say before kissing him again. He kisses me back. "I love you too."

We break apart and I get dressed into better clothes too. "We should get going." I say picking up a jacket and my phone.

We head down to the car and drive to the restaurant. A pretty fancy place but the food is good.

We have a really interesting conversation about politics while waiting for our food. The food was great as expected and we left pretty soon after we finished.

"Where do you wanna go now?" he asks as we walk out of the restaurant. "Hmm... Get in." I say, he looks at me confused but gets into the car.

We drive for a while in curious silence until we get to a cliff overlooking the city. We get out and sit on the edge. "Oh wow..." he says surprised at the beautiful view.

We sit in silence for about five minutes until he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a little box. He hands it to me.

"Happy birthday baby." he says quietly. I take the box and open it. It's a bracelet with a little heart charm on it. There are words carved into the charm and it reads, 'Yrs Forever'.

I just stare at it for a solid twenty seconds then look up at him. He's looking at me hopeful. I caress his cheek and kiss him passionately. "It's perfect." I say and he sighs in relief.

I pull him into a tight embrace, "Thank you." I say. He kisses me on the cheek, "Thank you, for everything you've done for me." he says. "Thank you for being in my life."