Prologue

•| Before I get too far into this which cover do you guys prefer? Leave a comment with what you think!

•|°|•|°|•|°•|°|•|°|•|°•|°|•|°|•|°•|°|•|°|•

As Reginald Hargreeves watched Grace leave he couldn't place the small pinch in his heart, something he had only felt once before. She took everything with her, everything but...

the experiment. 

The mere thought made his son l skin crawl.

The child as some would call, Zero as he preferred. Grace had named her Emery after her own mother, and seeing as the whole project was hers he didn't interject his thoughts that naming the test subjects could prove to complicate things. 

Zero had been grown in a pod for nine months with "their" DNA, he had secretly cancelled out anything alien and replaced it with a random subjects, their experiment was risky enough, he didn't need the child to look like him and blow his cover. 

That was eight years ago. 

Grace had promised that night that she would care for the child completely, well here he was a week after she left doing the exact thing she promised to do. Sure the girl was interesting, her powers and the way he had wired her biologically were extraordinary. 

But there was nothing he hated more than children. 

So he did the only reasonable thing any other man in his position would do. 

He put her in a cyro chamber. 

"Now Zero, this is where you're going to take a nap for a bit," he stated watching with a smirk as her tiny features matched his satisfaction as he pulled her by the wrist into his lab.

The experiment was still proving to be efficient. 

No other words were exchanged as he locked her in and turned it on watching the small girl freeze completely. 

He would come back to her when he was ready.