No reply

I just wanted Iwa-chan to look at me. I wanted him to be proud of me when he did it.

Iwa-chan and I grew up together, but you already know that. Ours it's a long story. It starts from the day our mothers met and it never ends.

I remember very well when my mother decided to take me to the end of year's fair. It was a pleasant evening, the wind was gently caressing my cheeks and I was just a child full of life. I squeezed my mother's hand tightly as she guided me through the many stalls that were on display. I was slightly afraid of all that crowd walking with us, curious and happy.

Suddenly, my mother stopped. I looked up to see who had stood in our way: I saw a pretty woman, the same age as my mother, perhaps younger. Beside her, a child was holding her hand. He looked me straight in the eye. At that moment, the fireworks broke out. Everyone looked up to see them, but I lowered my gaze, afraid, squeezing my mother's hand and hiding behind her. That child's olive-green eyes didn't stop looking at me. I felt him look away, then my mother dragged me away.

I loved aliens, I was crazy about them. Anything out of the ordinary, actually, thrilled me. I loved the stars, I knew each constellation by heart and not a night went by without me admiring the celestial vault in search of the Summer Triangle. Vega, Altair and Deneb knew me well now.

It was a summer evening when I saw that child with olive-green eyes. My mother had invited hers to our house for coffee. I found out they were longtime friends. They left us alone, hoping that we would become friends. I didn't think so.

That child kept looking at me, it was embarrassing. I decided to ignore it, and went out into the garden. I went back to staring at my Summer Triangle and my beloved stars who, by now, must have thought I was crazy to observe them every day.

I heard footsteps trample the fresh grass of the garden, slowly, and I turned around. The olive-green eyes rested on me again, but this time hesitant.

"Are they beautiful?" was all he said.

At first I didn't understand what he was referring to, so he looked up at the sky, without saying a word. I nodded slightly as he stood still.

That wasn't the last time I saw him. Our mothers continued to cherish the hope that we could become friends. Honestly, I was fine by myself. I was used to playing alone, having my spaces, my things. Not that the olive-eyed boy was going to be my brother.

That time, it was we who went to their house. It was bigger than ours, and I was envious of it. I didn't see the boy anywhere and I was relieved. I couldn't bear the weight of his gaze.

"Hajime, get off! Our guests have arrived!" his mother called him as she went into the kitchen with mine to have a coffee.

I was left alone in the middle of a huge house. The first impulse I had was to explore it, but since it would be rude to peek into other people's rooms, I held back. The child didn't get off and my curiosity took over. I went upstairs and opened a room that was supposed to be Hajime's.

What a funny name, I thought. Hajime meant 'beginning'. Thinking back now, they couldn't give him a more appropriate name. It had a better meaning than mine, and I was jealous of it.

Looking around, I noticed posters of a creepy being hanging on the wall. Godzilla, that was what was written on each one. That child had strange tastes. I turned to leave, but found myself once again in front of those olive-green eyes. I remained motionless for a few seconds and then left the room, running.

Yes. I was afraid of Hajime.

I loved going to the park. My mother had to drag me away by force each time. I loved the swing, even if I didn't know how to swing. I loved getting on the little rides that were there, even if every time I ended up getting hurt by falling. That day, Hajime and his mother accompanied us.