It's Quiet Uptown

Song: It's Quiet Uptown from Hamilton

Fandom: Aphmau

----------------------------------------------------------------------

There's a pain too terrible to name

The letter came three days ago.

Azula watched Garroth from afar, afraid to get near him. The letter came three days ago, and since then he had done nothing but ignore everyone and train.

Trainer Bubs had tried to get him to take a break, but Garroth ignored him and kept on training. By the time the sun set on the second day, he had everyone worried for him.

Azula didn't dare try to physically stop him, nor did anyone. They didn't want to end up like Fredrick, the poor boy is still with the healer recovering. Trainer Bubs had tried to stop Garroth, but stopped dead in his tracks when he saw the expression on Garroth's face.

Void of emotion, yet his eyes, which were usually filled with joy and cockyness, now with an anger and underlying sadness Trainer Bubs had never seen before.

The guard academy let him be alone, Irene knows he needs solitude, not because of his temper but because of what the letter held.

The letter came five days ago.

Garroth sliced the training dummy again, and again, then once more. When he read that letter, 'train, train, train,' was constantly going through his mind. He had to do something, or else he will go back to the letter. That was something Garroth could not go through again.

Eventually, the sun set, and it was too dark, he was forced to stop training and go back to his dorm. Unlike the others at the academy, Garroth did not share a room with anyone else, perks of being the son of the Lord of O'khasis.

The letter sat open on his desk, mocking him. Garroth had already read the contents on the inside, but Garroth had pushed away thoughts on the letter for five days. But now there was nothing to distract him from his thoughts, tears threatened to escape his eyes, but Garroth held them back with all his might.

Garroth grabbed the open letter with shaky hands, he read it once more:

Garroth,

I know this is sudden, I have never once written to you before, but I am afraid that this letter comes to you with some devastating news.

On tuesday of last week....

Garroth quickly looked away, dreading for what came next. With all his will, he turned back to the letter.

... your youngest brother, Vylad Ro'meave, was tragically killed from a bandit's arrow in the private gardens.

This is a cause of great sadness, your mother has locked herself in her private chambers and wont open the door to anyone. And your brother Zane has been wandering the halls and streets of the village as of late. I myself have been drawn to the gardens, your brother's favorite spot.

He always told your mother and myself that he went there because it was quiet, and always spoke about how much he loved the quiet.

I expect that once you have finished your guard training that you come immediately to the village, if not sooner.

Sincerely,

Garte Ro'meave, Lord of O'khasis

Garroth glared at the revolting piece of paper, how dare something so simple carry news that could drive a person to the brink.