The Widow

There lived a beautiful, young wife who have kept nagging the husband she married for about almost anything. She loves him but there seemed to be just a lot to nag about. Like there doesn't seem to be enough savings for the kids' future, not enough income for miscellaneous expenses, not enough budget for leisure and some luxury. The last she was complaining about was that the husband put in more hours for overtime and now spends less time at home and with the family.

One day, the husband had a fatal car accident on his way home. Upon arriving at the hospital, the wife was met by the patrol officer who said he saw everything that took place. Apparently, her husband pulled over on the side of the road to take a nap because he appeared very sleepy and exhausted. Unfortunately, 10 minutes after, a 10 wheeler truck had malfunctioned and the driver, without brakes, lost control of the vehicle which smashed her husband's car, killing her husband instantly. She felt so devastated the she collapsed and fell unconscious on the hospital floor. 

A few weeks after they buried her husband, 5 letters came. Upon reading each one, she found out that her husband who was prone to illness had been juggling 3 jobs. 1 Full time and 2 other part times. He had applied for, and had been paying for 4 life plans for several years now. She thought, for both of them and the 2 kids. The letters stated that with his death, all plans have been deemed fully paid and that she will be receiving the full maturity value of all 4 plans in a couple of months. The fifth letter was about the house they were renting to own. The letter said that the house and lot title has now been transferred in their name. 

Tears started falling down her eyes. This time it was more intense than the first time she heard the news her husband had an accident. She is now a wealthy woman, but in an instant, her heart seemed to have grown a thousand times heavier. As she remember all those times she had been making her husband's life more miserable with all her nagging and belittling, she clenched her fist next to her heart and whispered, "I'm very sorry, my love. I love you very much, will you ever forgive me?"

Once every year, she looks for the best and most expensive bouquet of flowers, and the most fragrant and most beautiful candles she could find. Once a year, she comes to his grave with all of her splendor and well taken cared of, beauty. She never remarried again, nor entertained suitors. Once a year she grieves like no woman should. Her words seem to endlessly repeat themselves. " I love you so much my dear, you are my one and only. If I have failed to let you know then, failed to show, let me show you now. I know you are now up there in heaven looking down on me. Please know that I love you so much."

Well, at least she thought she keeps reassuring her husband every year.

Unfortunately, 

"…For whoever is joined with all the living, there is hope; surely a live dog is better than a dead lion. For the living know they will die; but the dead do not know anything, nor have they any longer a reward, for their memory is forgotten. Indeed their love, their hate and their zeal have already perished, and they will no longer have a share in all that is done under the sun." 
- Ecclesiastes 9:4-6

Please tell and show your loved ones how much they mean to you before the chance expires. For no matter how much you do, in their graves, they will no longer know.

#edcapati