Chapter 5

Rebekah and Aaliyah were in the car to Rebekah's mansion in Paris.

Rebekah looked at Aaliyah, who was staying out the car window. "Hey, I know how it feels to have someone you thought loved you betray you. Nik has daggered me more times than I can count."

She stopped talking when she saw Aaliyah snap her head towards her with red puffy eyes. "But he never promised you that he would never do it, do you? He promised me that he would never dagger me when he had done it to all of you," Aaliyah snapped.

Rebekah sighed. "I know. I'm sorry, Ali."

She just went back to looking out the window. But then, she heard Rebekah's phone ringing.

"Oh god, it's Nik," Rebekah whispered. "Just be very, very quiet, Ali" she saw Aaliyah nod her head.

She answered the phone. "Nik, what can I do for you."

"Oh, I don't know why not give me my daughter back? Hayley said she saw a blonde woman take her, and I can only assume that means you," Klaus said, raising his voice a little

"I have no idea what you are talking about. I haven't been to New Orleans since the Oprah House burned"

"Please tell me your lying because if you aren't, then someone random blonde woman just took my daughter, and I'll never be able to find her," Klaus said, lowering his voice this time.

"I'm not lying, Nik. I don't have Aaliyah right now."

Rebekah heard Klaus let out a sob which caused Aaliyah to look over at Rebekah.

"Who would have taken her? I killed the witch who made that dagger; I killed the person who made her coffin. No one should have known about it."

"Nik, you don't know if that Witch told any of her other witch friends, and they are probably getting their revenge because you killed that witch."

That caused Klaus to take a sharp breathe knowing that Rebekah is correct (not really☺️)

"I have to go, Nik. I'm expecting a call from our brother Elijah soon you know the brother that I like to keep in contact with," She said with a sharp tone and then hung upon him.

She looked over to Aaliyah. "Hey, we are here, and you can go and pick out any room you want" she saw Aaliyah nod, and they both went into the house.