Chapter 9

A young pilot, smiling and speaking with a Irish accent, met them as they stepped off the plane. The next half hour was a blur of customs, the glare of the hot sun reflecting off the tin roofs of the airport and giving Li a headache. He barely had time to take in their surroundings before they were on a tiny plane, Cormac relaxed next to him, Li's hand clutching the rail.

It felt as if they were flying in a kite.

The pilot grinned at him. "it's small, but it's perfectly safe."

Right.

He thought of all the accidents he had read about in the papers that had occured with planes such as these, this wasnt part of the deal.

What deal? Li asked himself. There was no deal. Cormac might have let him pretend there was a deal, asked his permission, but it was a joke. A farce.

There was simply Cormac's will and his submission to it. Why had he not realised that before? Had he actually believed he'd had some choice?

He closed his eyes. Cormac patted his hand, a caress that felt like a warning.

"He's a bit nervous...and tired." He opened his eyes to see Cormac wink at the pilot, who grinned. Li gritted his teeth.

"There's the island now." The pilot pointed out of the window and Li craned his head to see. Below them, the sea sparkled like a jewel and nestled in its aquamarine folds was a pristine island, magnificent and unspoiled.

For a moment Li forgot the man next to him, and the role he was required to play, and sucked in an awed breath.

A dense forested mountain rose magnificently in the centre of the island, framed by a curve of smooth, white sand, the clear azure sea stretching to an endless horizon.

A few buildings nestled against the mountain-cottages in pastel colours with shutters open to the tropical breeze.

"It's beautiful," Li murmured. The ilot nodded in agreement and said no more as he began his descent to the island.

The landing strip was a bare brown line of dirt, barely noticeable in its stunning surrondings. As they stepped off the plane, the air enfolded Li in a balmy caress, heavy with sweet scent of flora. The sky above them a soft, hazy blue.

Li breathed in the warm tropical air, felt it fill his lungs with a fizz of excitement and hope. As long as he could keep his cool he'd be okay.

He could even enjoy this. Maybe.

He wanted to. He wanted to have a week to remember. He might never get the chance again.

A man-short, balding and in his thirties- shrode forward. "Cormac" he stuck out his hand for Cormac to shake. Who was this? Li wondered. Who were they deceiving?

Stop it, he commanded homself. He was in too deep now; it was too late to feel guilty.

The man introduced himself as Cormac's brother, Eric, beaming as he pumped Li's hand. "And you must be Mr Hawk..."

"Leon. But I call him Li." Cormac interjected smoothly. He spoke the name as if it were an endearment, smiling at Li, his gaze a teasing caress.

Refusing to be baited or belittled, Li smiled back, laced his slick fingers with Cormac's. "Please call me Li as well!" he murmured, shooting Cormac a coy smile. "Everyone does, although Cormac likes to think it's his pet name for me."

Eric clapped his hands in delight. "But you will have to tell me all about how you turned my brother gay. Everyone is waiting to hear it."

More people to deceive. Li hushed the whisper of his conscience.

Cormac put his arm around Li's shoulders- heavy , warm, a warning. "Come on, swetheart," he said easilym but his hand squeezed Li's shoulder and headed towards a 4x4 parked near some shrub.

?................

A/N so I have tried to make my updates a bit more regular. Yay me. So let me know what you think of the chapter.  Li is now on the private Magrel island, What awaits him? What will this weekend hold? Drop me a comment. 

FVAC

Peace