counting sheep ✿

Basically gonna start this off super soft and fluffy- you and kurapika have been dating for a while and you come over and find him napping while cuddling his secret stuffed animal.

☆☆☆

"Pikapika ?" You rapped your knuckles on your boyfriend's door. It was nearing the end of the year, and you wanted to spend a little time with him before the holiday season was in full blast. His constant inner turmoil was taking a huge toll on him emotionally, and you wanted to be there for him as much as possible. You knocked again. Usually you would hear his quiet footsteps, and be greeted with a smile and a sweet kiss on the forehead, but no such thing happened. You tried the handle. To your surprise, it swung open. 

"Pika you know better than this !" You pinched the bridge of your nose in false annoyance and looked to the couch expecting to see the blonde smiling back at you. Instead, you were met with silence, aside from occasional electrical hums or footsteps from the other patrons in the complex. You closed the door behind you, your brow furrowing in worry and confusion. 

"Kurapika ? Don't tell me you forgot I was coming..." You trailed off, straightening out your skirt and fiddling with your hair. Was he playing a prank on you ? No, he isn't the type to do that. Did he leave to go get something ? You checked your phone for any messages, but your notifications were drier than a desert. You ventured into the tidy apartment, growing restless with each step.

"Pika, cmon. Did I do something wrong?" Nothing. You rolled your eyes and began to search the rooms. When you reached his bedroom, you lightly knocked, and pushed open the door. Immediately, a smile bloomed across your face, as you were met with a sight that made your heart melt. 

Kurapika was curled up under a fluffy light blue blanket that you gave him last year, surrounded by a plethora of pillows in varying sizes. His soft blonde locks were splayed around his face, and his expression was free of any worries or stress. He looked absolutely ethereal, as the setting sun reflected on his golden hair, creating an angelic glow on his peaceful features. The part that made you almost squeal in pure delight and love was the giant white stuffed bunny nestled in his grasp. You recognized it after a second- it was your favorite plush he won for you at a fair on one of your first dates. You had instantly fallen in love with the fluffy white rabbit that had a little strawberry on its tummy. You must've left it at his apartment and forgotten about it. You crouched next to his sleeping frame, and brushed a couple golden strands away from his face, but froze when he snuffled in a deep breath and curled up tighter, the rabbit plush almost strangled in his strong grip. His eyes fluttered open, and a sleepy smile grew on his face when he saw the person which he had fallen in love with smiling back at him.

"Hey sleepyhead. Cute bunny." You tucked a lock of hair behind his ear and chuckled when you saw his eyes widen at the mention of the stuffed rabbit. He quickly scrambled to sit up, and rubbed his eyes.

"Ah, (Y/N)- I'm sorry I you caught me in such a state, I was just really ti-tired..." He stifled a yawn as he began to throw the blankets off of his thin frame. You gently laid your hand on his shoulder, and he paused.

"Pika, it's fine. I know how messed up your sleep schedule is. You should go back to sleep." He opened his mouth to protest, but you pressed a finger against his soft lips, effectively silencing him. "No ifs ands or buts, I'm gonna change out of my clothes and you better be lying down, or else." He chuckled at that. He knew you would never do anything to hurt him, but he complied. He leaned against the pillows as you rummaged through a drawer, pulling out a sweatshirt and sweatpants, careful not to mess up the rest of the contents. You held them up, as if to ask for permission if it was okay to wear, and he nodded. You grinned at him, and began to strip out of your clothes. Kurapika's eyes widened, and he pulled the blanket up over his flushed face.