The New Kid Next Door

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Chapter One  *:・゚✧*:・✧

      ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Chapter One *:・゚✧*:・✧

                                        Prologue

It was two weeks after school was let out for the summer.  Jackie was driving home with her mom and dad from a doctor's appointment.  She was diagnosed with the flu a week prior, and her mom insisted they go to the doctor to see if she was still sick.  After Jackie's constant complaining of wanting to go outside with her friends and that she felt better, her dad booked the appointment.

Jackie was indeed correct, she no longer had the flu.  It wasn't too bad of the flu, just fevers, and her throat aching.  She was glad it wasn't the kind of flu where she vomited 24/7.  It was an entire seven days where she couldn't play baseball with her friends, which they were super disappointed to hear when they found out.  It was pretty lame that she couldn't attend the first week of playing at the sandlot because she had to get flu, she felt that luck wasn't on her side.

She was the only girl in the friend group, which she didn't mind the slightest.  Girls at her age tend to be bitchy anyway.  Anytime a girl found out that Jackie hung out with the boys, they'd roll their eyes or scoff.  If they weren't gonna be nice to her, then she was gonna just ignore them.  She knew the boys since she was a little girl, around the age of seven.  She was currently thirteen, meaning she knew the boys for six years.

She was closest with Yeah-Yeah and Squints.  The three were inseparable, being known by everyone as the iconic trio.  She was older than both of them, only be a year.  Jackie was 13, meaning the boys were just twelve.  What was unfortunate was that she didn't live too close to them.  What sucked, even more, was the two boys lived right next to each other, meaning they were neighbors.  The house on the left of the Alonzo's had an old couple living there, neither ever coming outside.  Jackie swears up and down that they died in that house.

On the left side of their house, it was vacant.  No one has lived Jackie's entire life of living there, but that changed not too long ago.  Her parents told her the news that a family of three was moving into the house.   Since it was three people, Jackie was hoping the third person was a kid, preferably a girl.  Even though she didn't care about being friends with a girl, a female friend would help her be able to talk about girl things.  She wasn't able to do that with her friends.

The day she was driving home from the doctor's appointment was the day that the new family moved in.  The car ride home was boring and long.  Jackie wasted her time by looking out her window, counting each car that would pass by, which wasn't too many.  When they pulled into the driveway, Jackie noticed a little boy carrying boxes out of an orange truck.  Well, it was a kid.

She was disappointed to see it was a son that was the third, not a daughter.  Regardless, it was her new neighbor and she wanted to make a good impression.  Her parents stepped out of the car while Jackie unbuckled her seatbelt.  The boy glanced at the car parked in the driveway over and continued to lift the boxes, not yet noticing Jackie.  Her parents waved and smiled at the boy as he tried to wave back with one hand since he was lifting a box.  Jackie finally opened the door as her parents entered her house.  She noticed that the boy was struggling to carry the box.