Chapter 26.2

[UNEDITED]

My heart shattered into a million piece. Fiancé?

Then I remembered all those moments between the two of them. They acted so much like good friends that it had deceived my eyes again and again. There was something between them indeed, which I never quite understood.

I looked at Dylan, denying to believe that he was trying to get close to me even after having someone of that magnitude in his life.

But I couldn't be wrong. Every time he looked at me, I saw the love and desire in them. I knew he had as much as feelings for me as I had for him. We did not click just like that. It was a mutual feeling and not some stupid teen fantasy from my end.

What was he thinking when he had kissed me all those times?

"What is she talking about?" I asked Dylan, "Is this true?"

"Yes, this is true," Daniel spoke before Dylan could say anything.

I shook my head, closing my hands in such tight fists that my nails dug deep into my palm.

"This can't be true," I said, trying hard to swallow the lump that was forming in my throat, "This is a lie. He would never do something like that!"

"Let me tell you something, he just did!" Daniel took a step forward, "And he did so because I had asked him to do so!"

I stared at him, unable to understand a word he was saying.

"I am not a dumb, you know. I saw the way you looked at Dylan, like he was some saint saving your precious little life," Daniel spat at me, "I noticed how comfortable you felt around Dylan and not in front of us. So I asked him to get deep under your skin, so that he could get some information out."

I looked at him in disbelief.

"Is this the truth?" I asked Dylan. He did not answer.

My heart broke, and the pain was unbearable.

It was Nicole's turn to be mad.

"Oh wow, so you asked my fiancé to sleep with a spoilt, godforsaken girl just to get information? Why didn't any of you consult anything with me?" she shrieked.

Then she said a lot of other things that went right over my head. All I knew was that I was stuck in a deep whirlpool of sadness, and it was impossible for me to get out of that.

After all the hubbub died away, I finally looked at Dylan.

"You didn't have to play with my emotions, you know," I told him, "I did not share all those information with you so that I could hop into the bed with you, but I did so because I truly felt that you did not deserve this fate."

Dylan still wouldn't look at me. He was staring hard at the wall.

I started to walk towards that door. But then I stopped and turned.

"Thanks Dylan," I told him, "Now I have learned not to trust anyone who is nice to you."

I left the place, and the tears finally started pouring out. I couldn't believe that someone could be so mean to me.

Then I suddenly remembered that I had forgotten to bring my report with me, which was still lying on Dylan's bed. Then the tears hit harder. I could not go back there after getting hurt so badly by the first guy I had ever fallen hard for.

I was so devastated that I did not want to go back to Amaya's place now. I needed some time to myself. I looked at the watch on my wrist, and found that I has about three hours more before mom would send someone to get me from Amaya's house. I could definitely use this time to be alone.

So I started for the beach. I could at least sit there and cry as much as I wanted.

After my allotted time was over, I found myself stuck in the middle of the beach and Amaya's house. I tried walking fast, but was still late to go there.

Mom had already sent a chauffeur to get me.

"What's wrong?" Amaya asked as she looked at me face.

I knew that I was looking devastated. I did not know whether I should tell her the truth.

"Nothing," I tried to smile, "Just a fight."

Amaya nodded, and then came and patted my back, "I'm sure things will go back to normal."

I nodded, but I wasn't really sure if it ever would.

***

I thought I had dreamed of Dylan that night, but after a while I was completely out of my trance, and there he was, sitting on my windowsill, appearing confused as to whether to wake me up or not.

I scrambled up on my bed, collecting the bed sheet with me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him sharply.

He showed me the file in his hands, "I came to return this, you had forgotten about it."

I looked at the godforsaken file. I had had to go through a lot because of the file last night. Mom gave me a crapload of lecture on how to manage my things in a better manner. Uncle Benjamin only stared, scaring the shit out of me.

"Thank you," I got up from the bed and snatched it away from his hands.

I did not speak another word as I climbed into the bed and pulled the covers on me. Then I closed my eyes, and hoped that he would leave.

But a small part of me did not want him to leave. It wanted him to come closer, take me in his arms and say sorry.

I must be out of my mind.

There was no noise in the room for a long time, so I slowly turned my head to find Dylan still standing in the middle of the room, staring hard at me.

"You're supposed to leave now," I snapped at him.

He shrugged, "I needed to talk to you."

I rolled my eyes, "About what? About how you are sorry that you broke my heart? About how you are sorry that you used me to get information about my uncle? About..."

"No," he cut me in, "About how I am scared that can't stop thinking about you."

----------------------

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts!I will be back with the next chapter soon!Follow me on my writing Instagram: @ scribblesbymoon